Leica Magnus

shooters

Based on low light.

Anyone have any time behind a Magnus? Trying to see if it's worth the hassle of finding one and paying the "must have" price, or if there are options that are similar or maybe even better…..

From what I've heard, there's nothing that competes optically with the Magnus. Coming from dealers that carry or carried the Magnus/S&B/Kahles/Swaro. Almost all said there's been nothing like it. Like it was the holy grail of glass. Hard to imagine that with optics like TT/ZCO etc out there.

S&B have IMO priced themselves out of the market. Like the EXOS and the Polar T96. $4500. I'd just get a TT at that.

Leica glass is Excellent for sure, "Best" can be subjective. I do Like my Leica Binos & Rangefinders.
Top end optics glass is One component to consider, as well as several others when choosing optics.
It's hard to check em all out before you buy.
I recently picked up a ZCO 4-20.
Wow!!! Amazing Optic.

European tests end mostly or always in that Zeiss or Swarovski are best. Scopes from Leica and S&B are heavier than especially Swaro but also Zeiss. Zeiss wins when low light is taken in consideration.
But Leica and S&B are very good scopes.
Test them and see what your eyes prefer.

Anyone have any time behind a Magnus? Trying to see if it's worth the hassle of finding one and paying the "must have" price, or if there are options that are similar or maybe even better…..

I've got quite a bit of Leica glass and Swaro too. Leica is excellent.

I have a new Leica Magnus 1.5-10x42 that will be going up for sale soon. Can't get this particular scope to work well with my Blaser QD mounts, otherwise it's amazing.

PM if interested.

Had a Leica Magnus 2.4-16×56
Pros:
Great glass
Great low light glass
Perfect tracking
Daytime and Night time illumination is on time
Did I mention Great glass
Sturdy well built scope

Cons:
Clockwise turrets
Limited reticle
SFP only (personal preference)

Really can't say much negative but I've moved everything to FFP and prefer CCW turrets for consistency