Leica Geovid HDB 10X42 40438 Problems

Phillip Cox

I was wanting to reach out to anyone that has a pair of Leica Geovids and see if they are experiencing similar problems. Anything over 100 yds they seem to be working great. Anything under 20-100yds I am getting inconsistent readings and they are off up to 8 yards. I have confirmed them with the three other range finders we have in the house and on our back yard archery range where the distances are marked.
I have tried the different ballistic settings and changed the battery. Right now I am bummed as I wanted them to replace my other rangefinders both for archery and LRH. Leica didn't really have anything to offer other than send them back for evaluation. How accurate are the ones out there at archery distances. Thanks for your help!

If anyone was following. A buddy of mine called me back and stated that his pair was on the money even at shorter distances. If they where known to have problems at short distances I was going to return them. Because they are supposed to run true I have returned the brand new geovids for repair. Hope they come back fixed as I will be out of my 90 day return window probably. Just a bummer to have to be with out them.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.