LEICA CRF 1600 WARRANty

Would you guys be interested to see the comparison results from my LRF 1200 and the CRF 1600?
I did a fairly extensive comparision and it's all included in the letter I wrote to Leica. I could just post the letter if anyone's interested.

I really don't want to give Leica a bad name, because I've been super impressed with the LRF 1200 for the most part. I saw a CRF 1200 in extensive use this last October, and It seemed to do everything it was supposed to.

Maybe they just need to get the bugs worked out on this new 1600?? Maybe they'll have a recall, but kinda doubt it cause I think that most people buying these are perfectly content with getting reading to 700 yds......I am not one of them!

I feel for you badly elkaholic, that's total BS to get a replacement and have it be bad too!!

Last edited:
Would you guys be interested to see the comparison results from my LRF 1200 and the CRF 1600?
I did a fairly extensive comparision and it's all included in the letter I wrote to Leica. I could just post the letter if anyone's interested.

I really don't want to give Leica a bad name, because I've been super impressed with the LRF 1200 for the most part. I saw a CRF 1200 in extensive use this last October, and It seemed to do everything it was supposed to.

Maybe they just need to get the bugs worked out on this new 1600?? Maybe they'll have a recall, but kinda doubt it cause I think that most people buying these are perfectly content with getting reading to 700 yds......I am not one of them!

I feel for you badly elkaholic, that's total BS to get a replacement and have it be bad too!!

Ya, right now I'm hating that I sold my Swaro. I've ranged up to 2000 yards with it and it would range 1500 under almost any reasonable conditions. I thought the Leica would be great because of the added features and I loved the Leica 1200 I had a few years back. Oh well! Nothing to hunt right now anyway and I am quite sure that Leica will get it straightened out eventually. I will keep you all posted.....Rich

I just got off the phone with Leica. They were very pleasant and cooperative. They said they would check the next unit out for performance before shipping it to me. They will also send a free pickup from UPS. I thanked them and told them "this was their last chance":D. The told me that they have had VERY FEW returns and that it was odd that I would get two in a row. I agreed!:D.......Rich
p.s. How much is a Vectronix?

Wow...it's nearly like the new Leica is made in two different places--one at the Leica factory and the other in some hole in the ground in China. Either that or someone at Leica isn't 'tightening a screw' to spec or something. Weird. Hope they get if figured out. Sure is a nice compact unit.

Well, one plus is their return time, I called today (2 weeks from when I sent it back)...........they've got a new one on its way.

Hope it works as it should.

Well, one plus is their return time, I called today (2 weeks from when I sent it back)...........they've got a new one on its way.

Hope it works as it should.

Mine should be on the way as well. I'll let everyone know how it works. Third time's a charm?

got mine back today, ranging houses at 1675 free hand and sagebrush at 795 so i would hope this is it, i will take it out for field testing on thursday, i have to work 15 hrs tomorrow then get five days off.

My hunting bud was on his second yesterday, it was bright sun and I HAD my older lr 1200. I ranged out to1290 in shade on timber , had harder time in sun, with snow, he was able to hit some rocks at 1500, same as me w/timber. Going to play w/ it some more, first one was erratic .

Ok guys, here is the latest! I just received my THIRD, that's right, THIRD 1600 LRF from Leica. As you may recall when I started this thread, my first one wouldn't read past 500 yards on a good day unless in ranging mode. It seemed to be accurate when it worked. The first replacement seemed to work ok except it was 7% off!! I just received the third one and took it straight to known distances. Guess what; at a known 880 yards it read right on 800. At a known 100 yards, it read 94. THIS IS RIDICULOUS! I called Leica and they are going to have the BIG GUY call me. He had better have something really good to say or I for one am going to insist on a full refund. I would strongly suggest to the rest of you that have these units to check them out at a known distance. If I can receive three bad ones in a row and everyone else has a good one, I going down to buy some lottery tickets. After all, a gal from my little home town just won 190 million:rolleyes:..Rich

sounds like its reading in meters... 100yds = 91.4m... 880yds = 804m

Check its setup for imperial and not metric.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.