Leica 10x42 Geovid BRF-- any input?

[ QUOTE ]
Looking at a pair possibly. Any pros or cons?

[/ QUOTE ] I have a pair of 10X42 Trinovids Leicas, and they seem to have the same optical quality as the 10X42 Geovids BFR's that I compaired mine to. What that means to me, is to me, they opticaly are the best I've ever seen. Thats why I own them. As for the range finding, I don't have a clue as I have nothing to compair that part of the system to. So on the Pro side, I think they are state of the art opticaly. On the Con side, you got to have vary deep pockets at $1795.00 to find out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I just bought a pair of the Leica Geovid BRF 10x42. I spent an hour looking through the Leica BRF and compared them to the EL's, SLC's, Ultravids, Trinovids, Victory FL's, etc, etc. The BRF is awesome. The color, clarity, brightness, and weight is spectacular and is the best option going for a hunting binocular. The rangefinder works great out over 1000 yds. The ultravids and victories may have a minute advantage in color rendition. However, not enough to sway me from the BRF. Bottom line - I sold my Swarovski EL 10X42's and bought the Leica BRF. It is a total package of premium optics and premium range finder.

The price. Oh yeah the price. Binocs are waterproof to 16 feet or something whereas their rangefinders alone are not. Lifetime warranty.
I'm 40. Hope to hunt till 70+ 30 years use should work out to 60 bucks a year or so. Not bad when looking at it that way anyway.

Thanks for the input. Must put it on my list I guess. Was going to spend it on a Leica spotting scope and Leica rangefinder but may have to just stick with the Leupold 20x spotting scope instead.....

Jeff

Guys i've gad a set of 10x42 Geovid BRF's for about 10 weeks now on a field test from Leica. Ive wrote an article for the UK magazine " Shooting Sports" which will appear in an issue in a couple of months. I don't want to disclose all the details. but the Geovids are bomb proof, opticaly excellent and i already sold my LRF 800 and my Steiner nighthunter xp's cos i want some Geovids. I absolutely treid to make the Geovids malfunction and gave them a real rough time, the stood up to all i threw at them. Super piece of kit.
Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.