Lehigh 338 245gr quality

mcharger440

OK so I got 50 projectiles from Dave @ Lehigh yesterday. First impressions were great he shipped immediately and were boxed with great care and at a very reasonable price. Miked them all right on the money looks great right, keep in mind these are turned solids so this kind of accuracy in production was expected. Now comes time to weigh them in 50 rounds I have a 2.2grain spread.... ***...244.4 lightest to 246.6 heavyest I am blown away how is this spread so large yet they measure so well. I will update on accuracy but my hopes are not great any comments or experience with these is welcome

Check the lengths. The only way that there can be a variance in weight is if the length/shape or specific gravity is different.

Thanks for input the ogive seems to be fairly consistent at .963-.966 and the length variance was from 1.799-1.800...that's it I will say the ogive was measured from first sign of taper not from the full bore rider area. Slight differences in design went unnoticed by me if there were any

OK ...update obviously needs more fine tuning but my smk 250s one hole @ 200 yds lehighs the best 3 shot group has been 3" ...yes 3" I am officialy unimpressed may be my gun but I'm not trying anymore

OK so I got 50 projectiles from Dave @ Lehigh yesterday. First impressions were great he shipped immediately and were boxed with great care and at a very reasonable price. Miked them all right on the money looks great right, keep in mind these are turned solids so this kind of accuracy in production was expected. Now comes time to weigh them in 50 rounds I have a 2.2grain spread.... ***...244.4 lightest to 246.6 heavyest I am blown away how is this spread so large yet they measure so well. I will update on accuracy but my hopes are not great any comments or experience with these is welcome
I am ready to apologize and recant this statement I took the last 15 bullets I had left out today and loaded them with 95gr retumbo hot!hot!hot! But unbelievable. I don't know my over all length but I loaded one long painted it up with dry erase marker and chambered it measured and loaded to .070 off the rifling exactly they were coming out the barrel @ 3170fps and 1hole!! With 3 rounds@600 yards I've never been anywhere near that accurate before I have a 9twist 30" barrel one curious thing though my rifle is dead accurate with all other bullets right to left wise but these hit 5" left @600 and were an amount left @every range Very consistent but left...hmm...

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.