lefty ar-15

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by Wi whitetail, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Wi whitetail

Wi whitetail Active Member

i'm interested in buying an ar-15 and found a new dpms upper with a 16" stainless fluted bull barrel for a little over 500 bucks. if anyone has had any experience with this company i would really appreceate your feedback and comments on whether this is worth the price, or worth even buying at all. i don't know much about ar's so any help is greatly appreceated.

thanks
    wi whitetail

2. Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter Well-Known Member

I don't squat about about ar-15's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif, but these guys live it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    AR-15

3. gonehuntingagain

gonehuntingagain Well-Known Member

I shoot an AR-15, and I am left handed, there is no problem with brass hitting me since the rifle has the brass deflector. As far as I can tell, the DPMS Lefty version only has the ejection port on the left side - the controls are still for use with the right hand. A ambidextrous safety is a must, and there are ambi mag releases available. Just adding the ambi safety is enough, unless you have the need to do ultra fast reloads like in a 3-gun competition (I still manage to reload quickly during 3-gun competition with the regular mag release).

As far as quality, I have heard that they are ok.

Good Luck!

4. sakofan

sakofan Well-Known Member

I think one of our esteemed members and fellow lefty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, Jeff in Texas just just picked up one of those rigs. Give Jeff a shout!!..sakofan.....