Lefty 6.5/284

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Tundra, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Tundra

Tundra New Member

Been looking around for a new rifle for long range shooting and am strongly leaning toward the 284. I shoot lefty and I'm not exactly going to find this caliber at cabelas so I am looking for some companies who might be able to build it for me.

My google searches havent turned up much. I got to talking with Montana Rifle Company but I'm not sure they will build a whole gun or if they just do barreled actions.

Any advice in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. Derek M.

Derek M. Well-Known Member

Mine will be on a Stiller Predator action, McMillan stock, and Bartlein bbl.

Also a left hand.

You may want to try a Sako, M691 action, and have one built. I originally had mine on the 591 action but converted it to a 308.

3. Shawn Carlock

Shawn Carlock Sponsor

Tundra,

I know this left handed gunsmith who would fix you up.:D Drop me a PM or email.

4. Roe Buck

Roe Buck Well-Known Member

shawn
    remember you have my RIGHT HAND 6.5x284 to do first:D

duncan

5. Shawn Carlock

Shawn Carlock Sponsor

True story. Just waiting for the BAT action.

6. silvertip-co

silvertip-co Well-Known Member

Please post pics when you get er built, as I also shoot from the CORRECT side :) . The 6.5-284 Win (or 6.5-284 Norma) is a really interesting calibre to me.

7. rtv900

rtv900 Well-Known Member

Shawn,

Since we are on the left hand custom topic. How long does it take you to build a rifle right now? How booked are you? I am interested in getting some pictures from you of Sheep Hunter (your package name) rifles that you have built. I would be interested in one that is between the weight of the Sheep Hunter and the Lightweight Long Range Rifle.

8. jimmy10pt

jimmy10pt Member

Look at Savage f class.