Left handed stocks???

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Broz, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Guys help me out here. I need a light , left handed composite stock for a 700 Rem LA build. Also a high cheek rest would be great.

Who makes something like this??

Thanks for any help.

Jeff gun)gun)

2. Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner Well-Known Member

3. CPGfan

CPGfan Well-Known Member

4. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies guys.

anything else around?

Jeff

5. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Still looking ... don't wish to wait 4 months any other ideas?

Thanks
    Jeff

6. str8shoot

str8shoot Well-Known Member

I have 2 h-s precision leftys. One is a LA sporter, the other is a SA varmint. They are pretty decent. The sporter could use a higher cheek rest, I'm not sure on the weight. B&c make at least a sporter in LH LA as well but I haven't tried them.

Do you by chance use a local smith? I am wanting to do a build on a 700, and wondering if someone around here does good work.

7. Camshaft

Camshaft Well-Known Member

Choate makes a bunch. Also check stockysstocks.com they have a large selection of left hand stocks ready to ship.

8. threejones

threejones Well-Known Member

+1 on the stockysstocks.com they carry several brands and have good customer service. Find what you want online, but order it over the phone. Depending on exactly what you want, Bell&Carlson make a few nice, well priced, southpaw styles. I've put em on a couple rifles and really like em so far.

9. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

There are many very good Smiths in the area. I have been using Dave Young of Youngs gunsmithing in Tracy Montana ( up by Great Falls) Dave has agreed to do the machining for me on this one too. I will do the assembly and bedding and load development.

Jeff

10. str8shoot

str8shoot Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot Broz. I met with a smith here yesterday (Rockies Gunworks). I am thinking about maybe going with a laminate for my build. If I do, I might sell my LHLA H-S sporter. Let me know if you might be interested. It is black with grey web and weighs 2lbs 3oz