• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Left Handed Savage Short Action Wood Stock

3darcher2

Might be a long shot, but looking for a wooden stock for a left handed Savage short action with a sporter barrel channel and a blind mag, top bolt release. Needs to be 4.27" spacing so this is an "older" action, not the current manufacture.

I'm trying to put together a Savage 16 for my daughter. It is currently a standard issue tupperware Model 16 in 7mm-08. I have a factory stainless 250 Savage barrel to screw on it and I'd like to find a reasonably priced wood stock to refinish and cut down to fit her. If anyone has an old beater sitting in a closet somewhere they want to unload, let me know what you have and asking price. I do have some long action Savage LH wood stocks that are used and maybe slightly abused available for trade if that helps.

As a lefty that has one of those also, I've seen some decent deals on stocky's stocks and boyds websites for that savage action configuration from time to time.

Pretty much everything I see on Boyds is for centerfeeds on the short action stocks, which I believe also means 4.40" spacing. IDK if there were options back in the day - hoping someone had a plain wood stock and decided to make an upgrade and has a wood stock laying in a corner somewhere.