Left handed long range hunting rifle!!!

timmymic

Im new to the game of building my own rifle and I am trying to find some parts and peices. My biggest problem so far is that I am lefthanded.

My primary use for it will be hunting deer and antalope, I would like to be able to shoot out to 500 yrds!

Right now I am stuck between the 1) Savage predator hunter max 1 chambered in a 6.5x284 norma and 2) Rem model 700 cdl chambered in a 7 mag. I am leaning more toward the savage.

I am also looking for someone that makes a stock to fit the savage that looks similar to the mcmillan adj3-5 but i dont know if they make one to fit that model!

Thanks for your help and time!

I shoot lefty and I have 2 rem, a tikka, a browning, a ruger#1, and a win 1895 lever-gun. I also shoot righty actions if the cal is hard to find in lefty. You can do very well with off the shelf rem and browning for lefty, and tikka and savage are pretty decent too but both aren't as finished as others. My AR is a standard righty and I've fired 1500 rounds with it without getting hit by brass once. It looks like certain cals. are best left to re-working or buying full custom if you want lefty, but it surely isn't the end of the world.

Those are really nice rifles and have some amazing parts to them they are just a little out of my price range!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.