Left hand Winchester Model 70

Briancrn113

Been awhile since I've posted anything...time. I've been looking at new rifles for what I hope will be a elk hunt soon. I fondled a new M70 Featherweight the other day and ohh...Called Winchester to find out if they plan on making left hand M70's. The nice gentleman told me the last they heard was at least 5 years out before they might. I know I'm in the minority but really? The profit margin must be much tighter than I thought. Is it that hard to make money selling left hand rifles? I'm considering buying a right hand version but feeling a little obstinate. Other considerations are the Remington 700 CDL or Savage 114 American Classic but they are not as nice in my mind. Left handers unite! Lets petition Winchester to make some of these!

I'm with ya man, it sucks trying to find anything left handed. Start the petition and I will sign. gun)

I know what you mean! i held a feather weight m70 and fell in love. I hate to say this but IF i am going to buy a new rifle and it will be left handed I don't plan on waiting 5 years. Savage already makes many in left hand as well as Remington and the Tikka t3 comes in lefty. It brakes my heart but I would be buying something from a company who makes on now. Although I do love that m70!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.