Lee Hand Priming Tool Help

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by CA48, Jul 23, 2010.

1. CA48

CA48 Well-Known Member

I want to use this to prime cases for my 338 EDGE Improved I just got in. I have heard of people using this tool to prime cases for the EDGE but can't remember how they did, as Lee doesn't seem to make shell holders for Rum cases. Does any one prime Edge cases with the Lee tool or know how to make it work or am I just going to have to get the RCBS hand priming tool?

Thanks

2. GNERGY

GNERGY Guest

I use the lee shellholder #5 for my 338 ultra mag cases, it will work for you.
    Tarey

3. KRP

KRP Well-Known Member

You need to take a dremel or something similar and open up the top a little, the u shaped cut above the shellholder, to allow for the RUM case being so large at the base. As was said a standard shellholder works.

4. Gunpoor

Gunpoor Well-Known Member

Like KRP said, you need to remove a little pot metal from the tool in order for the RUM cases to fit.

5. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

As KRP and Gunpoor stated.

But you could do a better looking job than this. Excuse was that I was in a hurry and all I had was a small round file.:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

6. nheninge

nheninge Well-Known Member

You have to do this for other cartridges too such as WSM. Even says to do it in the instruction manual. A small round dremel works great.

7. CA48

CA48 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input this is what i needed to know.