Lee dies.

My T 120 sidecar had a Norton gearbox and clutch as they were a bit stronger than the Triumph gearbox . Rickman Metisse fitted BSA gearbox's behind their Triumph motors if I remember correctly .
I have flipped a few sidecars and rode into a tree one time on a scrambles track .
I just wish I had enough money to buy back a Metisse just for the nostalgia of it .
Have you ever done something so stupid that you still punish yourself 40 years later ?
I love British bikes also because that is what I grew up on but I still like all other kinds of motor bikes .
I would love a Gold Star BSA in a Metisse frame just to take out on a Sunday morning ride .

What I want is a BSA Martini Cadet action in good shape, which I've read are common in Oz but I'm in North Carolina and about as close to Oz as I'm ever gonna get! :D

They are not as common now as they were 20 years back. Cheap new but well made guins like Howa , Weatherby Vanguard , S&W etc . have made them less popular . One would think that would mean more for sale but not so as far as I can see.

Lever Guns / Western Action - Buy used and new guns from private sellers and gun dealers, second hand guns, used guns, used rifles, second hand air rifles, used air rifles, used shotguns, used scopes, second hand rifle scopes, used scopes, used targe

My T 120 sidecar had a Norton gearbox and clutch as they were a bit stronger than the Triumph gearbox . Rickman Metisse fitted BSA gearbox's behind their Triumph motors if I remember correctly .
I have flipped a few sidecars and rode into a tree one time on a scrambles track .
I just wish I had enough money to buy back a Metisse just for the nostalgia of it .
Have you ever done something so stupid that you still punish yourself 40 years later ?
I love British bikes also because that is what I grew up on but I still like all other kinds of motor bikes .
I would love a Gold Star BSA in a Metisse frame just to take out on a Sunday morning ride .

My tug is a Centenial Bonnie with a 5 speed and 790 cc displacement, heavily breathed on. The only vintage bike I have is the Norton. I wish I still had my '68 T120 twin carb, but along with the pre Hinkley models comes the upkeep. The Norton is bad enough.

My T 120 was an ex speedway engine that I bought of a guy in my club had twin Amal fuley carbs running Shell A alcohol fuel and about 12.5 to 1 compression ratio . Performance cams , balanced , ported , polished and the whole nine yards of modifications . Laying over the engine at full revs was quite frightening .

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.