Lee collet neck sizer

jmason

I took the stem out of my die last night to check runout of the stem and found it to be .0015" out of round over the length of the stem. Do you thing this is going to make my necks more crooked?

I called Lee and they said it would not as long as the diameter of the stem was correct. The diameter appears to be ok as best as I can check anyway.

I took the stem out of my die last night to check runout of the stem and found it to be .0015" out of round over the length of the stem. Do you thing this is going to make my necks more crooked?

I called Lee and they said it would not as long as the diameter of the stem was correct. The diameter appears to be ok as best as I can check anyway.

I'd agree with Lee, to a point. So long as you are getting consistent neck sizing and it is keeping bullet runout to a minimum, you should be good to go.

It is really out of round? Or, does it have a .0015" bend in it?

Sorry wrong term. It's bent. I also think that slight of a bend over the the length of it is probably moot. Just wanted to your thoughts though.

As long as the stem is round it shouldn't cause any problems. The amount of bend in the .3" or whatever the neck length is probably close to immeasurable if it's .0015" over the entire length of the stem. As geargrinder said, if it's producing straight and consistant ammo I wouldn't worry about it.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.