Lee collet dies

308 nate

sscoyote,
I use Lee collet dies for my 6br.and my .308
and will be using them on the .260AI that I am building.These are awesome dies at an awesome price. I am using 6mm ppc collet dies for my 6br. The only difference is you have to slip a washer over each case because the cases are longer.I am getting super accuracy.10 shots at 100yds. in .250 and have shot a few 3-shot groups in the .1, also the 260 collet dies will work with the .260 AI.
I also have redding bushing dies and honestly wouldn't be able to tell you which one I like better.If I had to have Lee make custom dies for 55.00 I would probably go with Redding.Anyway hope this helps.
308nate

I've heard that the Lee collet die system is a good one for establishing consistent neck tension-- supposed to provide better accuracy for LR shooting-- any comments?? I'm thinking of matching a collet system with a match diameter neck.

I have used Lee collet dies for years. For my latest project(7mm ultra mag I have been using Redding dies. Both are good, but if I could have I would have bought Lee dies.

Been very happy with these dies. They give very consistent neck tension and low runout. All sizing is controlled by the diameter of the mandrel so you can't make them any smaller. Very consistent.

These dies do require a bit of force to work but any press will handle it.

You can also adapt the die to longer cases simply but using a metal spacer like a washer or block.

Excellent for the money. Having a set of custom dies made for my 338 Mystic so will report how it turns out.

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.