leatherwood art rifle scope accuracy

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by yote-sniper, Dec 29, 2007.

1. yote-sniper

yote-sniper Member

has anyone out there had any experience with the leatherwood m-600 art tactical rifle scope? and can anyone tell me how it stackes up to the super sniper. i just got a bushmaster varminter from my wife for christmas and i went ahead and put a leatherwood scope on it and i would just like to know how good of a scope for real world applications it is or if i should replace it with maybe the super sniper.

2. yote-sniper

yote-sniper Member

thans for not reponding guys

thanks for not reponding guys, i realy thought this forum was diferent but i i was wrong, piss on you all.

3. TennVol

TennVol Active Member

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  4. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Deleted by RNC.

:mad:

5. PEI Rob

PEI Rob Well-Known Member

Are you OK kid? If you feel pissed you really should tell someone such as a friend or a family member. Nobody is ignoring you, the scope is rare and possibly noone here has one. Be patient, and try to be poilte.

Cheers and a Happy New Year

6. overbore

overbore Well-Known Member

Yote-sniper

Son, what part of "you reap what you sow" don't you understand? I happen to be a daily reader and missed your demand. Off your meds are we?
    I happen to own an old model scope ART and for the "minute of man" or minute of meat uses it is most adequate if you learn to use it. It is old but workable and so is my 200# anvil. It is not a 1,000 yard benchrest scope but for its design uses I find it fast, adequate and reliable. If you saw "BlackHawk down, you saw the reason the M-14 users went to a dot scope: faster acquisition but for sniping ops up to 600 yards is it good and for deer sized targets the same. Frame your game and squeeze-- it is yours.
    Overbore

7. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

Would this happen to be an "original" from RVN era? If so do you have the hard green case for it? I am not interested in buying it, I am just curuios from a nostalgia standpoint. I believe the original scopes were actually made by Bausch and Lomb but those details are very fuzzy in my mind.

8. ATH

ATH Well-Known Member

I had the ML version on my Omega for 3-4 years, it worked well and was a no-think to get the range dialed in once it was calibrated. However, the overall quality was crap and it went out on me this year. I'd recommend something else...even the Barska I replaced it with is a step up.

AS for your post, you gave less than 24 hours, during the HOLIDAY SEASON, to get a response before your childish tantrum. Grow the hell up, leave, or both.

9. yote-sniper

yote-sniper Member

you all deserve a heart felt apology...

hey, to all you here in the forum i want to sincerely apologize for my post last night...i have recently posted several messages on different forums and been either ignored or in some cases had responders be rude. however even with that said no one here did anything to deserve what i wrote in my last post. i hope you all except my apology and thank you for putting me in check as politly as you did and even still responding to my question......happy new year all and i look forward to more pleasant interaction(especially on my part) here in the forum.

10. overbore

overbore Well-Known Member

Buff-bob

I am from the ARVN era but the ART is early 70's. The only tricky part was/ is matching your ballistics to the cam but a good reloader can do that easily. To answer, negative on the case. Overbore

11. yote-sniper

yote-sniper Member

hey overbore, thanks for the info. mine is not a ML series it is a civilian m-600 which is basicly calibrated for 223 thru 308 and out to 600 yards. to answer one of the other guys no i dont have the gren box that the ML series camr with. overbore you dont happen to know what grain weight reloaders are shooting for a barrel in .223 with a 1 in 9 right hand twist do you. and thanks again to all you guys for being as great as you have

12. yote-sniper

yote-sniper Member

not an rvn era

hey bufflobob, no my leatherwood is not a rvn era it is the model m-600 tactical. i think probably a very civilianized version of the military sniper model. i got it because bushmaster, the co. that makes the rifle i have, sells it so i thought it would be the best choice for the gun but now im wondering if i made a poor choice. i havnt read anything good about the leatherwood scopes. i am planning on makeing my rifle a good long range coyote gun as well as use for prairie dogs and would like to figure out what tactical scope would be best choice for this work

13. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

yote-sniper,

OK, I understand. I'll change my :mad: to :D

14. yote-sniper

yote-sniper Member

thanks roy