Lead times on match barrels ???????

I happen to have a Pacnor 28" SS .243 barrel. Long-chambered. Threads cut for K98 large ring. 1:10" twist. 0.80" muzzle.

Brand new. Only removed from the wrapper to check the rifling. $300. PM me if you're interested.

Yup Dan Lilja tries real hard to make the 12 week delivery. I've got barrels from him before and they are all shooters. Ordered a Kreiger 338 and lead time was about 6 months, won't see it until september. Bugholes.com is a great source if they have what you want on hand you'll get her in a week or less.

I ordered a Krieger in December and was giving delivery date of July,Received shipping notice today and should get it by mid next week.That is 4 months;but two months ahead of expected date. I've got everything setting here ready to build.I haven't been this excited since Christmas 1959!gun)

For a Savage, you can fit the chambered and threaded barrel yourself. You will need headspace guages - go and no go. Pac-Nor and SSS and I think Shilen can supply pre chambered barrels. But I do not know what turn around time they have. Brunos sells many blanks with immediate shipment. Talked to my smith yesterday and he said Brux barrels used to send them in 3 weeks; now they are up to 12 weeks.

I have been getting Liljas within 3 months of order. Krieger is about the same. Bartlein is running about 4 mos I am hearing. Bruno's is a good source though that stocks them all. I would check them.

For quality I would stay away from shaw. They are complete crap. Lilja is my favorite now unless I am going 6mm then I am partial to the new Bartlein barrels tho Lilja isn't far behind.

Grizzly industrial stocks alot of Bartlein barrels also. If they have what you want no wait. Their Pres is a passionate shooter and gets his stuff built mostly by Gordy.

Grizzly industrial stocks alot of Bartlein barrels also. If they have what you want no wait. Their Pres is a passionate shooter and gets his stuff built mostly by Gordy.

Grizzly is a great company and you shouldnt hesitate to do business with them on any of there products. There local to me and on occasion I visit there showroom. my dads woodshop is full of there products. real good people.

For the barrel give Chris a benchmark a call and he will get you a barrel pretty quick.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.