lead time

harfman99

hello everyone,

I have two barrels on order from Shilen the lead time for these barrels was only supposed to be 12 weeks. I just called them today and will be at least another 5 weeks before I will get them. Is this just shilen or is this industry wide. I am having the the barrels chambered by shilen, because the smiths around here are so far behind. Maby i just need to cool my jets but find it really hard it is like having an addiction just gotta have it! Ha! thanksgun)

This is the busy season for barrel makers because everyone
is through with hunting season and wants to get a there new project
going before the next season.

Lilja added 1 week to my barrels because of this so with the added
chambering that sounds ok.

I know it's tough but hang in there.
J E CUSTOM

Almost all of the bigger barrel mfg's are carrying that approximate lead time. I've been waiting 4 months for a barrel blank from Kreiger so far. I just ordered some barrels from Broughton a couple of weeks ago at that was said to be 14-16 weeks. The only fast one I got was a Hart barrel in about 8 weeks, but it was supposed to come interupted flute and wasn't, so back it goes and wait in line again. This is what drives us (the smiths) crazy on approximate turnaround times for customers finished rifles. In the end it's all worth the wait though. Be as patient as possible, until it's time to not be patient.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.