lead free 7mm rem mag

Depending on your hunting style and realistic hunting distances we have our Sledge Hammer line and the Hammer Hunter line. The Sledge Hammers are the perfect hunting bullet for what I call normal range hunting. Under 500y where bc doesn't matter. If you intend to work beyond 500y then look at the Hammer Hunter line. Pay attention to the recommended twist rates for each of our bullets. If you stay with theae guidlines then you will be very happy with the performance of our bullets. Bullet atability makes a huge difference in terminal performance.

Steve

can you check the spacing from the lands buy using a fired casing and a bullet, and inserting it into the chamber and closing the bolt, then measuring the O.A.C.L that way. or is that BS? read it on a different forum a while back, but would like to cross reference
There are many tutorials on how to get the max Cartridge Over All Length (COAL). Easy to find. Follow them. It will be very useful. I consider the Hornady tools worth it.
also is there a big difference in brass, cause i have mixed cases
Yes, there is a huge difference in brass. Mixing brass with the same load data is not a good idea. If you want a "lot" as in group of the same headstamp brass send me a PM.

Hammer bullets are higher quality than Barnes. More accurate. Very good terminal performance.

.....also is there a big difference in brass, cause i have mixed cases.......

There can be big differences in cases, brand to brand, lot to lot.

For me, if I didn't have enough of one type, I'd start from scratch, and buy enough to get me through.

Didn't see jfseaman had covered this. Definitely PM him.

What is a good quality brass? I have Hornady and some Norma that is brand new still in the box, and some once fired Winchester, Remington, and federal, and Hornady.

What is a good quality brass? I have Hornady and some Norma that is brand new still in the box, and some once fired Winchester, Remington, and federal, and Hornady.
Nosler is the most consistent, prepped (ready to load out of the box), and best quality belted magnum brass I've found. Been using it for years. It's worth the money, IMO.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/6...eloading-brass-7mm-remington-magnum-box-of-50

For non-belted cases, Lapua is the gold-standard.

We have been very happy with Norma brass as well.

Steve
I like Winchester and Remington ,I been using them for years. Federal have had some issues. Nosler and Norma are very good brass. Hornady is to me is so-so. With Winchester I have been able to use them for several reloads. But I did run across some 22-250 win brass that was junk. The headstamp was 22-250 rem win ,not marked Winchester? This brass was pretty thin ,not a good quality.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.