LB3.0 old/new Coldbore 1.0 from Patagonia Ballistics

Eaglet

For all those interested, there will be no more LB3.0 but just a
brand new Coldbore 1.0 Ballistics Application from Patagonia Ballistics.

Alright folks, since I have been for a long time a LoadBase guy, I
continue being interested in Patagonia Ballistics products.
So far this is the information I have for CB1 = Coldbore 1.0

· LB3 will not continue to be updated (Desktop & Mobile)
· CB1 uses another technology to manage data
· This is 100% incompatible to LB3's
· CB1 is the way to PHONE for WP7
· If you have LB3 updated to the latest version, the features are similar to CB1
· CB1 is the current product and the one that will continue to be updated
· CB1 is not an update/upgrade of LB3
· The licensing system of CB1 is completely different from LB3's

Good day!

Eaglet, could you give us a rundown of some platforms that will run Coldbore, you know I'm a big LB fan but after getting a Droid Bionic and the Applied ballistics app I'm really finding it hard to use my Dell axim with LB.

Eaglet, could you give us a rundown of some platforms that will run Coldbore, you know I'm a big LB fan but after getting a Droid Bionic and the Applied ballistics app I'm really finding it hard to use my Dell axim with LB.

BignGreen, sorry for being kind of late. You'd forgive me wouldn't you? :)

It's basically what you already know... Here's some cut & past from Patagonia's website.

The following specifications should be considered as a guideline and are based on the least of operating requirements.
The Mobile edition is designed to operate on devices running Windows Mobile, usually Phones or PDAs.
Hardware specs ( minimum )
-ARM-based processor (if different, please contact us).
-Display resolutions : QVGA (240 x 320), WQVGA (240 x 400), VGA (480 x 640), WVGA (480 x 800).
-Touch Screen device.
-128Mb of total device memory is highly recommended.
-55Mb of free program memory (during execution).
-35Mb of free storage memory (for program, databases and associated files).
Software specs ( minimum )
-Microsoft® Windows Mobile® 2003 Second Edition
-Microsoft® Windows Mobile® 5.X
-Microsoft® Windows Mobile® 6.X

For the PC what LB3.0 users probably won't have installed in their computers is Microsoft® .Net Framework 4.0 which would have to be downloaded and installed.

In reference to the one coming for wp7 will have to be amazing powerfull. I don't see that OP being ever as popular as Android by is good to have another choice.

There is more info at Patagonia Ballistics - System Requirements

Took a quick look but I don't see any new feature to make me want to move over to CB from LB3 just yet.

Took a quick look but I don't see any new feature to make me want to move over to CB from LB3 just yet.

So what is the cost for BC 1.0?

Does it look the same as LB3.0? same format?

Is anyone close to me using it? I would love to see a field demonstration and would travel some to do it.

Thanks
Jeff

Jeff, I finally PM you!

first page screen shot + some info.

Patagonia Ballistics - Screenshots Mobile

Jeff, the interface has small changes, different colors but honestly, I also run Shooter in my phone, and many other applications and I still like CB1.0 better. I think with your more mature experience that you have now with other applications if you wipe out you former experience with LB3.0 and start with a fresh approach, you'll see what I mean.

Patagonia Ballistics - Download and Ckeckout

Thanks Eaglet I sent you an e-mail. Just wondering if I can run CB1.0 on my phone? My PDA was slower than the dickens with LB3.0 and that was a huge turn off. I had it on a Dell Axim X50V That PDA was only used with LB and exbal.

Jeff

Just installed update 1.0.0.4 for ColdBore

Here is a copy/paste of part of the email I received:

This update incorporates the following additions:

BALLISTICS Module

The maximum range has been extended to 3500 yards/meters

GPS/TARGTES Module

A new feature has been introduced that allows to transfer a TARGET position as obtained in the MAPPING/COORDS sub tab to MAPPING/RANGING and TARGETS/STORE-EDIT sub tabs.

Eaglet,

What mobile device are your running ColdBore 1.0 on? I run LB3.0 on a Dell Axim X51V. Wondering if it's sufficient to run ColdBore 1.0?

Eaglet,

What mobile device are your running ColdBore 1.0 on? I run LB3.0 on a Dell Axim X51V. Wondering if it's sufficient to run ColdBore 1.0?

It's good to hear from you!

Yes, Dell Axim X51V, is excactly what I'm using and runs great. It also runs great in Axim X50V.

No sure if I mention this before; when I'm hunting or just shooting, the picture below shows the home page, "or whatever you want to call it", let's say I click on "Ballistics" load my saved data or create a new one and when all is running as it should, I DO NOT close CB or LB3.0 all the way when not using it, being in the shoot tab or any other tab I close by clicking the "x" on the top right corner of the screen; when closed, you would be seeing the screen of the picture below, now I turn it off. The Point? When you need to shoot, turn the PDA on, click on "Ballistics" and instantaneously you're ready to use it. Every thing loaded just like it was when you turned it off.
Both, LB3.0 and CB1.0 work the same in that aspect.

x51v1.jpg

Thanks Eaglet. I keep my X51V in standby mode like that also, except I don't power it down with the power button. I think I just click the "X". I didn't know I could power down and back up and have it be ready to roll. So I'll have to try it your way and see how it works.

I sent Gus an e-mail and he suggested I set the processor speed on my X51V to the maximum 624 MHz setting for best performance. I didn't even know the speed setting was programmable. So I'm going to have to get mine out and see if I can figure out what speed mine is programmed to, and how to adjust that speed setting. Do you know how to program the processor speed? If not, I'll let you know what I figure out, if you're curious...

I have a spare X51V, and I'm about ready to purchase ColdBore 1.0. I'll leave LB3.0 installed on the one, and then have CB1.0 loaded on the 2nd. That way I'll have a backup, in case one of the Axims fail.

Do you guys feel there will be an app. for cold bore available for smart phones some day?

Sorry if this has been covered. I am just drawing a blank right now.

Jeff

...I set the processor speed on my X51V to the maximum 624 MHz setting for best performance.

Having a back up is the best... Very nice. I have two spare X50Vs but I had... long story... I was not that smart!

I have already played with the processor speed settings and came to the final conclusion that for my machine I'd leave it in Auto which is the default setting. It's smoking fast following what I do and give my processor a brake...:)

Click Start, Settings, System Tab, Power icon, finally, click Processor Tab... To me that's complicated... Getting old!

Do you guys feel there will be an app. for cold bore available for smart phones some day?

Sorry if this has been covered. I am just drawing a blank right now.

Jeff

The WM 7.0 was ready to come out when they upgraded to WM 8.0; so my understanding is the Patagonia decided to put it out for WM 8.0 Since it would not be that easy, who knows how long it'd take.

Having a back up is the best... Very nice. I have two spare X50Vs but I had... long story... I was not that smart!

I have already played with the processor speed settings and came to the final conclusion that for my machine I'd leave it in Auto which is the default setting. It's smoking fast following what I do and give my processor a brake...:)

Click Start, Settings, System Tab, Power icon, finally, click Processor Tab... To me that's complicated... Getting old!

Got it. Both of my Axims were also set on 'Auto' for processor speed, so I'll leave them there based on your experience.
I see what you are saying about hitting the power button to hold the Axim in standby mode, and I also do that. I thought you were meaning you powered the Axim completely down. I tried powering completely down and then the Axim had to power up from scratch. But hitting the Power button once does place mine in standby mode, which saves battery power, yet allows it to power up instantly in user mode again which another click on the power button. Thanks for you help Eaglet.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.