Lazzeroni 8.59 TITAN

338thunder

HELLO EVERYBODY!!!
I was wondering if anybody is using the 8.59(338)TITAN from Lazzeroni.How does it compare in ballistics to some of the wildcats everybody is shooting?They say it has more case capacity than the big Weatherby or any blown out Rigby.If brass is not that hard to come by,I would consider chambering the AR-30 to that cartridge if the magazine would hold the rounds.Let me know what you think.
THANKS...

The mag won't hold it.
wink.gif
Shoulder's too long, OAL would be as well. Nick told me the LAZ brass sucks. He's chambering a 30-338 Lapua Improved with the reamer he got from me now to finally get decent brass and get rid of the headache. Noone here that I know of shoots a 338 Titan, I'm not sure if there's even a Warbird amoung us.
grin.gif
I'd really think there'd be a slew of them out there, maybe they just haven't made it to the LRH forum yet.
confused.gif

John Buhay from williamsport shot a 98lb titan at williamsport for a season or two--he is selling it now if you are interested--hell of a deal too.

anywho he was sending the 300smk out at about 2800 i believe--it could prob do 3000 no problem but for best accuracy he dropped to 2700-2800fps.

JB

as stated previously the laz brass is terrible-and it costs alot, i have heard the same same about dakota brass-which is too bad because the designs of the cases are very good-my-2-dave

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.