Lazy mans bore cleaning

Flybuster

http://www.sharpshootr.com/ Used this stuff called WIPEOUT over a year now, just put my bore guide in. Shake up the can squirt down the boreguide till it comes out the muzzle. Set for a hour, I leave it overnight. Best part here you don't have to brush, it also has a rust inhibitor in the foam so you dont need to run an oil patch. Push your dry patch through in the morning and a whole bunch of blue liquid comes out. I usually repeat this a second time, it gets all the copper
WipeOut.gif
out.

Wipeout is the best stuff I've tried. It works great and its super easy.

A couple of things...

1. Use the accelerator.
2. Dont leave in more than 24 hours or it gets a little sticky.
3. If storing your rifle long term, oil anyway. I must say that I put it away without oiling one season and it was fine. But why take a chance.

Here is something I learned about Wipeout. The foam settles on the bottom half of the bore and does a much better job of removing fouling on the bottom than it does on the top. If you let it sit in the barrel overnight and plan on a second application the next day, rotate the rifle 180 degrees so that the top of the bore is now on the bottom before reapplying the foam.

I tested this out on a Weatherby which copper fouls quite a bit and found that the second application with an inverted rifle produced quite a bit more blue goo after the initial application.

Re: Bountyhunter

Whilst we are at it...

Anybody know the difference between "Knock Out" and "Wipe Out" (as in cleaning products as opposed getting your jaw broken and falling down).

Thanks.

Whilst we are at it...

Anybody know the difference between "Knock Out" and "Wipe Out" (as in cleaning products as opposed getting your butt kicked and falling on your butt).

Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
Whilst we are at it...

Anybody know the difference between "Knock Out" and "Wipe Out" (as in cleaning products as opposed getting your butt kicked and falling on your butt).

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, "Knock-out" is a rip-off of WIPE-OUT

AFAIK, Forrest/milfoam was the original, but Wipe-out only copied the "foam" part...Wipe-out's formula is better and nicer to steel than forrest ever was.

JB

i LOVE WIPEOUT....but have noticed the same thing as Varmit Hunter...it can settle and do a better job on 1/2 the barrel. I keep a cheap magnetic level by my cleaning cradle. I give my gun a dose with it sitting normal...then turn it upside down and shim the stock with a rag or whatever to get the barrel level (using the level) and give it a dose upside down. Works for me.

I noticed the same thing, its best to keep it level and then flip the rifle for a second application.

Anyone try their new product Patch Out yet?

AG

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.