Lawton HS Jewel 6x284

Discussion in 'Guns For Sale' started by eddybo, Nov 15, 2010.

1. eddybo

eddybo Well-Known Member

I have a lawton actioned, lawton barreled 6x284 bedded in a HS digital camo stock for sale or trade. It has a fluted 8 twist 26 inch plus (thinking 28 inch) barrel. I am not sure what the coatting is, but it is not perfect, but the gun shoots great. I had the gun for the wife but she wanted something lighter as she does not really long range hunt unless I am there to dial the scope. Scope and rings not included, asking 1800, but am interested in trades for a scope or gun parts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. eddybo

eddybo Well-Known Member

Just a bit more info...less than 200 rounds down range probably less than 150.
    From a post on another forum where this same action is for sale NIB

Action: $875
    Rail: 60
    Lug 38
    I cant swear to correctlness of these figures as I copied them and pasted them. You could probably check Lawtons web page.

Figure 425 minimum for a fluted barrel, 200 for a jewel trigger, 220 for a HS stock,( Stock is not a painted take off) and 60 for remington BDL bottom metal and your probably more than my asking price. Not a bad deal for a very acccurate long range 6mm hot rod and I have a little wiggle room.

3. yama49

yama49 Well-Known Member

Just wondering the weight of your rifle. thx

4. hnts4fun

hnts4fun Well-Known Member

I have a long-range shooting friend up here that uses a very similar set up and identical caliber on everything from coues deer to elk. I know, I know, too light for elk and of course it wouldn't be my caliber of choice; but nevertheless he has killed some monster bulls with his rifle.

Your package seems like a lot of bang for the buck. Good luck selling it:)