Lawton Actions and Barrels

wildcat

Hey guys, what do you guys think about Lawton Actions and Barrels. I would like to hear from individuals on this site. Any information would be great. A friend of mine has a brand new Model 8000 Lawton action and a 29" Lawton barrel. He has to sell them do to financial reasons and divorce, he is giving them away. I am thinking about buying them, so I would like to hear all of your input about this equipment.

Thanks
Wildcat

I've heard nothing but good thing about the Lawton products and work as well. I've heard them compaired to alot of other big name action.

I am going to try that receiver for my 338 AM. I talked with Barney a couple days ago and really liked what I heard from him about all his receivers.

If they are as quality as he says they are I can see all my APS rifles being built around them unless my customers ask for something else specifically.

More to come on that.

Kirby Allen(50)

one of his actions is on a gun that just set a 1000 yd BR world record a few weeks ago...way to go Cody !!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

barrels don't know...

I saw the actions in Bruce Bears shop I ordered the 8000 in a repeater 10 shot clip! It will be chambered 7mm 416 rigby They look realy nice. A few are being used at 1000 td matches /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
It will be chambered 7mm 416 rigby

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet that thing shoots the 140's Fast

d-a

I use Lawton bbls on my custom rifles, my 338 snipe-tac is a Lawton, shoots sub .5moa. Barney's personal rifle set a new NWSA record for heavy gun class last weekend, 3.743 ten shot group at 1000yds. It was chambered in the 300 Barney
(30-404 Jefferys) "One shot kept it from setting a world record" Barney told me. www.lawtonriflebarrels.com

Barney is a great guy to deal with and his products are top notch. His actions are a great improvement over the blueprinted 700 route. His barrels are hand-lapped and shoot fantastic, and the proof is in the shooting, two new records set, one with one of his actions and the other with his action and barrel. But you guys don't have to jump on board, as a matter of fact DON'T, because I hate having to wait in line behind others for great barrels. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

We use Barney Lawton's actions and barrels.

The barrels slug out perfect every time - no matter the contour, and the bore finish is excellent. All we have to do is to thread the tenon, chamber, crown and finish coat.

The actions are, for me, a dream come true. I also hope that everyone else stays loyal to whatever action manufacturer they have been using so that my lead time on my orders continues to be fast.

Kirby, just ordered my Lawton M8000 action. I went with a Lilja barrel instead. Kirby has had good luck with the Lilja barrels on his 338 Allen Mags, so I decided not to change what has been working for him. I am sure he will receive the action and barrel before the McMillan A-5 stock arrives.

Wildcat

With the way mcmillan is going i am sure he will recieve the bbl, action, bases, rings, scope, trigger, corn dog, milk shake, and go on a few hunting trips and maybe have class reunion before he gets the stock!!!!

At least you arent stuck with every thing but the **** bolt waiting for your rig to get done.

I am sure you will be happy with the lilja bbl, Kirbys seems to be doing alright!!!!

take it easy
steve

Lerch, that is funny!!! I laughed pretty hard after I read that. McMillan takes sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
long, but I guess their worth it. Maybe Kirby has some pull, LOL. I can't wait to get this rifle Lerch, the 338 Allen Mag is an awesome round. I hope you get your 338 AM soon!!! I am really looking forward to hearing how she shoots. I am also looking forward to exchanging load data.
Have a great evening!

Jake (Wildcat)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.