lawton action speed of cycling

Karl

hi Guys coming from a big game rifle background, just wondering how quickly these big target actions like the lawton 8000 can be cycled.
Can it be worked quickly as in for backup shots, as in as fast as say a dangerous game rifle off a custom mauser, or wby Mk V? Not regarding length of the action, more a question of smoothness and feeding.
Apologise if its a ridiculous question but I have no experience in these type of actions...yet.

The 8000 can be cycled as fast as any other action, but I certainly would not recommend the 8000 action for a dangerous game rifle!
Too may issues with reliable extraction...

The 8000 can be cycled as fast as any other action, but I certainly would not recommend the 8000 action for a dangerous game rifle!
Too may issues with reliable extraction...

We have fixed this issue. If you have one that is iffy then let us know or send it in. It will be fixed asap.

bobby

Yes we had a bad batch of extractors that did not work very well combined with a new spring setup should have this fixed. We dont mind hearing these problems because we want to make our stuff as good as we can for everyone.

Bobby, hat's off, great customer service. Here's a thought if and that may be a big if, if Lawton knows to whom the actions were shipped to then they may want to consider mailing letters explaining the issue and how the owners could get it retrofitted. Just a thought.

Thats a thought i had but its impossible to tell where those extractors went. I just have to wait for them to notice and call in. Hopefully we will get them all fixed soon. So far it looks like only a handful of them got installed. If anyone heres of this type of problem please have them contact us asap. thanks

bobby

Too bad that "offering" to do something isn't the same as actually doing it. I'd recommend you do some research before sending money.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.