Latest. . .

NesikaChad

Just wrapping this one up. A "murdered out" Remmy 700 chambered in 243 with all my goodies.

I kinda like this one. Sinister yet tasteful?

Enjoy.

Chad

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

Man I love the mount and the shroud....propriatary I am assuming? llike the bolt stop and brake as well.

OK......now ya got my attention.......

RE: the Scope base......

For 40 years and still going the standard Redfield type base w/the rear windage adjustment screws have been mounted on a 270 Win.

Move up to 338 RUM. Same mounts. Maybe 100 shots and the rinky dink windage screws came apart. Can't recall for sure but I think the little "tab" on the ring base let go.

Immediately installed a 'key'd' (can't recall the proper terminology) rear base an bought a set of rings to go with. Seems good so far.

Next is my 270 AM. Accuracy/repeatability went to pot. 800 rounds. Same 'trusty' Redfield/Leuy one piece base w/windage screws. Took the rifle apart. All screws tight except one windage screw. Tightened it and consistency greatly improved but not to where it was.

Further inspection shows a distinct silver ring cut into the scope base 'tab'.

I think that the screw is actuall tightening against the base and leaving a few/part thou of rear scope movement.

Now......What's the story on that base in the pic...........?

One can only hope that 'all' 700s/721s are drilled the same.:rolleyes:

NightForce is the maker of the base/ring setup. I thought at first that it was a bit "russian" looking, but its growing on me now that everything is done.

The stock is mine as is the fire control. Converts the action to a cock on opening only.

Pricing? This gun as it sits runs in about the $4600 range. (including the optics)

that does not include the action.

Thanks.

C

Hi Roy!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.