Latest E-Mail Worm warning

Dave King

I got a bunch of e-mails from folks, so I take it either our e-mail providers or our (some of us) personal machines have been infected.

I just deleted about four (4) suspect e-mail from my Yahoo account and have not received any at my .Mil account.

Check your antivirus updates.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]

for info.

I've got my protective red and green "socks" on, how about you?

(The reason I suspect the provider is because of what appears to be several "relaying" attempt through my Yahoo account and I'm "right certain" I don't have the "bug".)

[ 01-27-2004: Message edited by: Dave King ]

Dave. I've been getting them too. I'm not infected but whoever is has my email address on their pc. The virus sends emails to addresses they have from addresses they have. So people think you sent them a virus. The emails contain viruses. The also modify the first name in the address. So if your in someones email as [email protected] it might send to/from [email protected]

My norton Antivirus picks them up but its a pain in the *** to delete 50 or more emails at a time.

I had one knock at the door but I didn't open it. Nice try...B@$t@rd$
tongue.gif

I've had two alerts tonight of a back door Trojan trying to get in. The ISP is 217.217.137.216... from Spain! I'd like to send him/her a 10K volt surge and blow his/her browswer to Mars!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

db

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.