Latest 243 AI

TMR

Official LRH Sponsor
Here is a pic of my latest 243AI that I just finished up. Haven't done any range testing yet...but I like the looks of it...Can't wait to finish breakin and start on the coyotes.

Specs:

Remington 700 SA
Custom bolt knob
Broughton 5.75 Fluted 1-8 twist, 27.5"
McMillan A-2
Dark Earth Gunkote
25MOA Rail
TPS Rings
4.5-14x50mm Leupy with Vhunter reticle
Duracoat digital stock

243AI003.jpg

TMR, Who is your smith? I saw your pics of the STW, and now this rifle and they are awsome! I cant wait to hear about how it shots.
Levi

Levi,

I do my own work...My dad did alot of gunsmithing while I was growing up, so I kinda picked up alot of the maching from him...The only rifle that I haven't built is my 7mm Allen Mag. I figured that Kirby did the leg work on his calibers, that it wouldn't be right for me to build one. I will no doubt have him build me a 338AM in the next couple years...plus, he is a hell of alot more knowledgeable than me, and I couldn't be happier with the results. If I didn't like to tinker and build things myself, everything would go to Kirby or Shawn. The advice alone you get from those guys is priceless.

I am anxious to see how she shoots...it has been raining her for about 3 weeks now. By the looks of things, it should stop sometime around July!!!!:mad: Hopefully I can sneak away on Christmas day and get some range testing done.

My brother and I have a couple of 338 Edges in the works now.....just waiting on barrels, then I will start in on those. Should be a little unique:D

Last edited:
TMR ...

what loads you gonna shoot in yours ?

I shoot 48.5 grains of RL25. I am getting 3178 fps with 115 Moly DTACS in my 30" Broughten 5C 1 in 8 twist.

It is a real tack driver.... Love that caliber....

Let me know how yours performs.

Sendero_Man,

Our standard load is 49gr of RE-22 with a 105 Berger. Out of our 27-28" barreled rifles we get right at 3300fps. I tried RE-25, but couldn't get any velocity out of it. I will have to see what this rifle likes.....The other 4 rifles all shoot the RE-22 in one hole, so I will definitely start with it.

I will post results when the rain stops long enough.

Merry Christmas!!!

Here is a 200 yard group with the load in my post above.

1st shot is a clean cold bore....

34601243_200_yards.JPG

I might have to try your combo and see how it performs...

Let me know how yours goes...

Thanks !

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.