late hunt!

Discussion in 'Antelope Hunting' started by tillroot1, Oct 14, 2008.

1. tillroot1

tillroot1 Well-Known Member

You guys are all killin me, I still got to wait till Nov 1, to hunt. I am leaving for Northern Wyoming on the 25th and will hunt some deer and scout for Atelope before the opener. I really enjoyed all the pics posted here and hope to do some of that myself in a couple weeks. I can hardly wait!

Ron Tilley

2. tillroot1

I got back from Wyoming late last night, I would like to put a pic or two up of my buck, can somebody walk me through it? I have downloaded the pics from my camera to my computer and that is where it stops for me. thanks, Ron Tilley

3. Slopeshunter

Slopeshunter Well-Known Member

Here's Ron's Buck:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice buck! What type of rifle are you using?

I had to resize your images a bit. Cheers!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  4. tillroot1

Chris, thank you for your time doing this picture set-up for me, I appreciate it.
    my rifle is a .338 RUM 700 action with a Rock Creek 28" barrel in a HS stock with a Kenton knob set up for that elevation and general temp, and I shoot the 300 grain smk bullets. I was able to set up on a steel tower on a small rise in the middle of a big basin, using the footing for a dead rest. The shot was 913 yards, a little low but a kill just the same. The Antelope were and are still loosing their horns so I feel fortunate with this harvest for my first Antelope. He has a spot reserved on my living room wall. I will be hunting them again, it was a blast. Ron Tilley

5. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

Congratulations, 913 yards is a long ways!

6. Handcannons

Handcannons Member

Ron,
    That's a nice looking Speed Goat.
    Your wife tried to show me it at rehab but I couldn't remember my password so we couldn't get on.
    Congratulation on a successful hunt.

7. tillroot1

Dave, thanks, it was my funnest hunt to date! I will be applying for that tag again.
    Ron Tilley

8. tillroot1

thanks, Buffalobob, I am severly hooked on Antelope now, I will be first in line to apply and purchase preference points for them. I am gonna have my wife a smaller caliber long range rifle built and take her along to hunt with me next time, Can hardly wait.
    Ron Tilley