Lapua bullets sold out everywhere !!!!

snobound

Ok I get it, when you reload for 338 with lapua brass its hard to find at times but generally you can look around on the web and you can find some.

I cant find one single place that has lapua scenar 300gr HPBT, its starting to make me quite upset.

its like come on guys you can plainly see there is a demand for these bullets how hard is it to pump them out, its not like there forming brass cases!

I feel the same way about the powder. I mean seriously, how long does it take to throw some ingredients in a mixer then squeeze it through a mini playdow extruder then dry it, and throw it in a cans. Come on hodgdon, step up you game here! They could be making money hand over fist.

I have heard the companys are running 24-7 non stop..

What I blame it on is the **** hoarders out there.I remember last time this happen and people were going hog wield hoarding it up..I have been looking world wide for some winchester brass in 308 cal..So far some once fired here and there.Oh well..Guess I will have to wait...

Watched a guy in my LGS the other day buy 4 mixed cans of powder and 5 mixed boxes of bullets. And he didn't know the first thing about handloading.

I am going to agree with the hording statement, There are ppl buying thousands of dollars of ammo and bullets just so they can put it up on sights like gunbroker.com and mark it up and make a profit. leaving the normal shooters struggling to find everything.

Its like I can see the 30rd mag, and the .223 frenzy, but really there not coming after our bolt action 308s and 338s

Its like I can see the 30rd mag, and the .223 frenzy, but really there not coming after our bolt action 308s and 338s

yet.....
They will if they get their way and people don't push back enough. Death by 1000 cuts.
Everyone I know that shoots has been stocked up for years if they actually shoot a lot.

I don't get it either. Try finding 300 grain SMK or the berger 215 30 cal.
And hunting season is right around the corner............

Randy

I have heard the companys are running 24-7 non stop..

What I blame it on is the **** hoarders out there.I remember last time this happen and people were going hog wield hoarding it up..I have been looking world wide for some winchester brass in 308 cal..So far some once fired here and there.Oh well..Guess I will have to wait...

Guess you missed the news yesterday...

The Department of 'Homeland Security' is buying 1.6 BILLION rounds of ammunition. That's a hell of a lot of ammo for TISA!!

If you aren't buying extra ammo or reloading supplies you are behind the power curve. Joe Biden and brother Obama are putting the squeeze on the providers of government contract ammo to curb supplies to the civilian market. If they refuse, they have alluded to going to overseas (read CHINA) ammo providers for GOVERNMENT use. Bank of America (which is actually owned by an overseas middle eastern group) will no longer finance anything or anyone associated with weapons, guns, ammunition.

Colorado is jumping on the New York Federalist bandwagon, who's next?

Those folks you are calling hoarders are just living the Boy Scout motto: "Be Prepared". They are perhaps looking beyond the horizon.

Doc

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.