lapua brass

stxhunter

i have some lapua 300 wm cases on the way. what i would like to know is any prep needed on these cases so far i've only loaded federal cases in this caliber

As a habit I always run new brass through my FL die just make sure that everything is right even with the Lapua brass which generaly I could have just loaded them.
I also use a VLD chamfer tool on the case mouth.

I have never had to trim lapaua cases to make sure that they were all the same.

Those 300 win cases are expensive but they will las a long time and unless you get crazy with the pressure 100 will probably outlast your barrel , especialy if you re-anneal the necks as that is generaly what happens first , cracked necks after about 8-10 sizings.

Make sure and chamfer the inside of the neck. The brass is sometimes annealed soft enough that when you seat the bullet it will collapse the shoulder if not chamfered. They say that Lapua primer flash holes don't need cleaning up but I do it anyway, other than that I just load and shoot.
David

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.