Land Closeure

agdavis

Well I am sorry to have to say this but I just looked at the Montana FWP block management maps for the Dutton Ranch #43 and the Hollenback Ranch #42 and saw that the Stimson Lumber Company land is no longer available to hunt on, aka it is private land that is closed to hunting now. Over 9000 acres where purchased this fall and rumor's where that hunters would have one more year to hunt on it because the land purchase happened after the deadline to with draw from the block management program. Now I have heard that it is defiantly closed and there will be patrols to keep hunters off, and the FWP maps seem to confirm that.

I just wanted to put this sad fact out there and see what people think. My thoughts.... It SUCKS!!! That reduces both the block management units by at least 60%.

One thing to know is that the Montana Maps for GPS still show the land as Stimson Lumber Company and that it is still in the block management programs. All this happened after they put out the updated maps so it not their fault. Just check the fish and game maps if you intend on hunting in that area.

To end this on a positive note, witch is not much, with the reduced pressure from hunting maybe the elk and deer numbers will go up.

If wolf packs can read 'NO HUNTING OR TRESSPASSING ' then the deer and elk numbers will improve . gun)gun)gun)SMOKE A PACK !!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.