Ladder test questions

USMCSSGT

OK, I am going to run the ladder test on my loads.

Tikka T3 lite, 300WSM

I have some Q's.

When you find the sweet spot for your 165 gr bullet, will all other 165 bullets have the same spot or do they need a separate ladder?

I'm holding on doing the test because I have a new B&C stock coming, and I assume the barrel harmonics will be different

OK, I am going to run the ladder test on my loads.

Tikka T3 lite, 300WSM

I have some Q's.

When you find the sweet spot for your 165 gr bullet, will all other 165 bullets have the same spot or do they need a separate ladder?

I'm holding on doing the test because I have a new B&C stock coming, and I assume the barrel harmonics will be different
Not necessarily. Different Bullets even of the same weight are going to act different downrange. How much different varies depending on the BC's.

Heck sometimes you can get quite a bit of variation keeping everything exactly the same and just changing lot numbers on powder.

I would recommend that you preform the ladder test for each 168 if they are different bullet makers. The advertised BC is not necessary the actual BC. It's best to determine the BC from actual data, i.e velocities, etc. ( in my opinion). We do a ladder, then check potential accuracy nodes @ 300 and final selection is done from 400 yd. groups.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.