• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED L.A.R. Grizzly 45wm with conversion kits...

Re: Buyers beware!

Mike,

No offense but I respectfully agree with Dick's (or LRH's) interpretation, in this case the OP is the supplier. A "supplier" is "an organization or person that provides a product or service."

V/R

Ed

I can certainly see that point of view. However when I think supplier I don't think of an individual selling a personal item. My biggest problem with it is that we as a shooting community can not warn others of bad dealings. If we can not warn others of bad experience then we are creating a safe haven for people that want to misrepresent and sell their items. Most dealings on this site are based on eachothers word and I know most of us have had great luck with that I hate to see that go away. But I am not a moderator and have 0 say that's just my interpretation and opinion.

I think Mike has a good point. We all have to trust one another on the classified forum and when that trust is violated we should have some way of warning others of dishonest behavior.

I've been collecting for over 30 years and buying/selling on the "web" since all there was only rec.guns in the news groups. If there has ever been an issue all it has taken is a email to resolve it.

lightbulblightbulbMaybe we could get a forum for Good trades/bad/trades for a way to leave feedback?

Just asking..................

I can certainly see that point of view. However when I think supplier I don't think of an individual selling a personal item. My biggest problem with it is that we as a shooting community can not warn others of bad dealings. If we can not warn others of bad experience then we are creating a safe haven for people that want to misrepresent and sell their items. Most dealings on this site are based on eachothers word and I know most of us have had great luck with that I hate to see that go away. But I am not a moderator and have 0 say that's just my interpretation and opinion.

Mike,

I too understand your point! However, the warning has been noted and established by wamin.

Originally Posted by wamin
8) There will be no threads started for the purpose of airing your problems with suppliers or manufacturers. (Complaint Threads) Handle those issues privately.
Addressed or not, it is always there (caveat emptor - buyer beware). If a buyer has a question, ask, like what BigTex1300 did. Sometimes, we jump into conclusion rather too quickly because we are trying to beat everyone else to what appears to be a great deal ... in this case a risk.

I am not in any means condoning what has transpired but it is not LRH's responsibility to resolve the issue in question per this post. The individual seller and buyer has the ultimate responsibility of their actions in the transaction. Now if LRH sold the product or service or one of the sponsors, that would be a different story.

Again, it is sad that this happened but I understand the site's rule. Cheers!

Ed

Last edited:

The Guy is not a supplier or a manufacturer he is an individual that has apparently set out to falsely advertise what he has. You are a moderator but I don't interprite this as being a violation of the rule you are referencing.
I don't write the site rules but I do know the reason and intent for having the rule mentioned. If you've been around here very long and have read all threads and posts of a similar nature you would know how they can and do end up.

Simply because you pick a word that doesn't match the words in a site rule exactly doesn't negate the reason for the rule in the first place and mean that it's a free for all because it's not an exact match. There is a reason for the rule and it's to maintain the site as it has been.

Whether it's a "supplier or manufacturer" or an "individual" who is falsely advertising an item, the rule applies and the possibility for detrimental effects on the site are the same.

If you disagree and think this thread and all similar ones between those that aren't "suppliers or manufacturers", or any others that aren't an exact match for the wording in the rule, should contain anything anybody wants then please feel free to voice your opinions to Len.

I don't disagree with what you're saying but I will say that a transaction went sour and it's been discussed extensively. This thread could have been locked already for some of the content but I let it go because I also agree that we need to stick together and warn others. It's still here and we all know about the "bad guy". Don't degrade it to a point where it's not beneficial to all that read it and can learn something from it about dealing with people on the internet. A huge majority of the dealings on this site go perfectly but we also need to realize that not all go perfectly.

Simply because you pick a word that doesn't match the words in a site rule exactly doesn't negate the reason for the rule in the first place and mean that it's a free for all because it's not an exact match. There is a reason for the rule and it's to maintain the site as it has been.

Not trying to pick a fight or be petty. I thought your post was an exact quote of the rules. I didn't go back and read them. I was Just questioning the intended definition of the rule. But it is What it is. I don't know wamin nor had I ever heard of him before this thread. So I don't have a horse in this race. My only concerns are for the good of the group. But you are the moderator so what you say goes wiether I agree with it or not. I do have a question though.
Has it ever been discussed to add a rating system to each profile or maybe a minimum number of posts required before being able to post in the classifieds?

Not trying to pick a fight or be petty. I thought your post was an exact quote of the rules. I didn't go back and read them. I was Just questioning the intended definition of the rule. But it is What it is. I don't know wamin nor had I ever heard of him before this thread. So I don't have a horse in this race. My only concerns are for the good of the group. But you are the moderator so what you say goes wiether I agree with it or not. I do have a question though.
Has it ever been discussed to add a rating system to each profile or maybe a minimum number of posts required before being able to post in the classifieds?
I can only quote a rule word for word since it's written that way but I can also tell you the intent and reasoning for the rule. Len and I have recently talked about the wording in this rule but he's been busy since hunting season and hasn't had time to look at it.

You don't have to agree with anything I say and I'm fine with that but you are currently only referencing one thread/individual and yet I have to remember to take into consideration all of the members, all of the threads/posts and all of the possibilities. We can't allow one thread to run amuck and then make another one stick to the rules of the site.

Len and I have discussed ratings etc. and currently I doubt that you will see it happen. Although there are many positives associated with it, there are also too many possibilities for false negatives that could cause someone a lot of unnecessary grief. I'm not saying it will never happen, I just don't think you'll see it now.

That works for me. Thanks for answering. And other than a few isolated incidents the classifieds are hugely successful.
I agree the problem is that someone may get a little lax because the site is so smooth and they might think nothing can go wrong but this proves things can and will go wrong.

I may look at the possibility of putting a sticky at the beginning of each classified forum with some things to look for and watch out for when dealing with someone on the internet.

I am looking for a 357 conversion kit for a Grizzly Mark I which it appear that yours is (but I can't tell for sure from the photos). If you decide to split things up I would offer $400 for the kit you have.
Sincerely,
RJWJR

sir: if you still have the grizzly' i wii buy it.please call asap at 903-838-7391

if u still have this gun,or if u know of anyone out there who owns a mk1 grizzly,i would like for them to call 903-276-1521. thank u

Is this available or is it sold? I'm interested in purchasing. Thanks.