• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Ksimber 300 WSM Classic 8400 sold sold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you Interested in a Sako Vixen in .222 Remington Magnum with Leupold rings in trade ? Very nice light & accurate varmint getter. Can provide load data and brass.

Thank you for the offer, but I am going to hold off at this time. Sounds like a great rifle.

I would consider a Kimber Pistol (in excellent shape) as well.

Thanks again for looking.:)

Last edited:
Frank,
I love it. I thought about it a bunch and this one is in such great shape, that I decided to get a Montana. The thought was I could take the Montana out in the bush and not worry about scratching it up. This is an awesome rifle, but too pretty for what I would use it for. I will miss the wood stock though. Nothing has the feel of wood and I miss the checkering on the Montana. Bottom line is I don't need two of them and the Montana makes more sense for my intended use.
AJ

This is way beyond the scope of this thread, but why I am thinking about it I thought I would share. My good friend has had a Montana in a 300 WSM for years. He has always had problems with the bullets not feeding correctly from the magazine (they get stuck when loading in a new round) and the bolt always feels "sticky". I held off on the Montana because of these issues for quite a while. I have a teflon coating on mine and it seems to have corrected both of these issues. It also gets rid of any glare from the stainless steel. Expensive but a nice upgrade that I would recomend.

To clarify, the classic that I am selling/trading has no issues and FRank (the previous owner) had the rifle bedded by Charlie at ScoreHigh gunsmith in ALB. FRank, let me know if this is not correct. Once again, this is a very accurate rifle and is in excellent shape. I am going to pass it on because I don't need two of them so similar.

I was just doing some research on the bedding job. Please go to:

Score High Gunsmithing, Muzzle brakes, Bedding Epoxy and Pillar Bedding kits and click on the stock work link for more information on the bedding job.

As you can tell, Charlie knows what he is doing and it has greatly increased the accuracy of this rifle.

Epoxy bed action and float barrel. (recommended for most hunting rifles) This refers to epoxy bedding the rifle's action, chamber area of the barrel and trigger guard. The guard screw holes are bored over size and filled with high compressive strength bedding epoxy. This creates a epoxy pillar within the stock. The barrel is free floated.

Re: Kimber 300 WSM Classic 8400 - For Sale or Trade

As a reference for scope rings I had a Swarovski 50 MM Z3 with standard medium leupold rings and it was just a hair above the barrel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts