Krieger Barrels

I have a buddy that is in the process of researching a build right now and when he contacted Krieger he felt he was annoying them. He then looked at their website and found the following page.

PLEASE READ
read the last couple paragraphs.

It made his decission easy.
Thats called business, and a desire to make the books work out. In my building trade I SIGN OFF, on a $80,000 window package, that is MADE TO ORDER, that goes into the system emmidiately and a cut list started for whole order, you do not change your mind at this point. Or it can be costly Business 101.

I'll likely get some hate mail over this....gun)

I've got a fluted #27 Lilja 10 twist 27" finish 338 barrel I'll send to anyone that's a Lilja fan for the cost of shipping :). It's a very consistent 2 MOA barrel.

The response by the barrel mfg when I communicated my disappointment with it's performance...was disappointing and unprofessional to say the least. Maybe I caught Mr. Dan on a bad day....I've had my share....but that's the last Lilja I'll ever own.

Another Lilja on my 30-338 LMAI I'm very happy with.

Brux, Krieger, Hart have all proven to me to be 1/2 MOA capable barrels with a good shooter and straight ammo. About to try a Broughton and a Oby.

I think it was said best before....nobody's perfect.

It might be worth asking the barrel mfg what happens when it doesn't perform as expected....their answer might be quite telling and influence your decision.

Wildrose, so I take it you like the kreiger barrels too. Have you ever used Lilja, and if so, did ya like it? ...
Personally no, but I have a friend that builds customs, mostly 300 Rum's that loves them.

The truth is you can get a great barrel from any of the premium barrel manufacturers in the US.

Got to admit that my buddy WR is 100% spot on about getting a great tube from many sources. I have my preferences as do others (SPC). If my Smith told me that for a match next week that the Krieger tube was lost by the shipper and that the only one he can get in time was a Hart--no big deal. He always scopes all of my tubes and said it indicated in perfect then I would not lose a bit of sleep over it.

I can see why Kreiger wrote that. With their estimated wait times, I could see people placing an order just to "hold" their place in line while they decide what they really want. With a small shop, the more time that they spend on the phone, answering e-mails, etc. takes away from machine time. To hire a person to answer the inquiries is one thing, but to have a person that knows what they're talking about and answering the inquiries is another.

Thats called business, and a desire to make the books work out. In my building trade I SIGN OFF, on a $80,000 window package, that is MADE TO ORDER, that goes into the system emmidiately and a cut list started for whole order, you do not change your mind at this point. Or it can be costly Business 101.

SP6x6, I see what you are saying, I just don't think they are going about it right way. Just to be clear, my issue isn't with their product quality, or their dislike for change orders, my issues is with their image of not wanting to communicate. If they took the time to answer the question, I can guarantee that they would have more business and probably fewer change orders.

SP6x6, I see what you are saying, I just don't think they are going about it right way. Just to be clear, my issue isn't with their product quality, or their dislike for change orders, my issues is with their image of not wanting to communicate. If they took the time to answer the question, I can guarantee that they would have more business and probably fewer change orders.
I've never had a problem getting them to answer questions when I call and I've called them many times.

As for more business? They have more than they can get to now.

The problem is. I suspect, that people want their opinion on XYZ bullet and ABC smith. How in blazez is Krieger going to be able to answer that? Products and people that are compleatly out of their control, or expertise.

Now, I have had Lilja, Hart, Spencer, Broughton, Brux, Krieger, probably others...I can't remember. I did VERY well with my first tru comp tube...a Spencer 30 cal. I also have a Spencer 30 cal on my hunting rig. I actualy won a 1000 yard IBS match with it...5.xx".

But Krieger.....In the last 6 months I have ordered FOUR of them. I installed a 6-6.5x47L on a Rem action. 300 rounds through it so far. I can shoot 75 shot strings...a good day Banging my steel targets......cleanup......I push 3 wet patches (Butches) through it two times each.....THAT'S IT. I can soak it in Sweets and get clear patches. Shoots great, and I have done ZERO load workup.

Second Krieger...Put it on Sunday. This is the Dasher that won me all of the wood at the 2011 IBS 1k nats. Three target agg of 3.81". I pulled the "good" Krieger tube...going to save it for this years nats. The new Krieger tube was broken in in three shots.....push a couple of wet patches through it and it is SPOTLESS. I will FF 100 brass and see how good it shoots. I have a warm fuzzy feeling about this tube , also!!! :D

I have 2 more 30 cals ...a 1-12 for the 187 BIB and a 1-9.5 for the new 230 Bergers. They will be done this spring. I am hoping that they will be as good as all of my other Krigers.

I suspect that pretty much all of the current BBL makers out there put out great tubes. As far as a hunting tube...I would not hesatate buying any of them...they are all that good.

I have a 32" Krieger on my Edge and just shot a .255 group @ 100 yds
Not too bad for the 300SMK's
It cleans really nice and I've experienced no problems with it at all.
I've always competed with Hart Barrels and liked them as well. I think it becomes a matter of preference once you get in the line of barrels we use. Every once in a while a bad one gets out (no matter which company) and the buyer makes a big splash about it, stating the brand they bought is junk!
Personally you really can't go wrong with the Krieger, Hart, Brux, Broughton...etc

Keeping them clean and proper technique always works.

I'll likely get some hate mail over this....gun)

I've got a fluted #27 Lilja 10 twist 27" finish 338 barrel I'll send to anyone that's a Lilja fan for the cost of shipping :). It's a very consistent 2 MOA barrel.

If you're serious I'll take it! I've got a smith nagging me to let him build a gun for me and is guaranteeing satisfaction. This would be an awesome way of getting him to lay off! (or getting a smokin deal)

CBS-PM sent.

If your goals include adding 5.5 lbs to your rifle, and shooting 2 MOA groups, this is the perfect barrel for your rifle.

I've had to stop myself from driving over the rifle about a half a dozen times....so it would be good if someone could put it to a more postitive use than that.

I have 6 Kriegers barrels. I had two of them fluted by them. The only dissapointment I had was with the fluting on a 7mm barrel. The fluting was very choppy down all the lengths of the flutes. I emailed them about this issue. I was advised they were aware of the problem and were working on retooling a holding device or something of that nature. I advised them I was very disappointed at the finished product and amazed the barrel had left their facility. I was given an apology for that, (would've preferred a discount on subsequent barrel purchase). I should have looked at it more closely before I sent the barrel to my smith. When the barrel was chambered and ready, I observed this and was very disappointed by the looks of the barrel. FYI, the gun shoots great, just doesn't look like a 400 dollar barrel!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts