KRG W3 Stock Review

ADMIN

Administrator
Kinetic Research Group (KRG) has been producing the W3 Chassis for several years, and it is a superb choice for anybody looking for an extremely high quality stock. I had a need for a stock that could easily change length of pull (LOP) as well as cheek piece height without tools, and one that didn't require bedding compound for an exact fit of the rifle action, as well as having a very high build quality. I researched several of the chassis systems I knew of and eventually reached out to KRG. I knew that the founders of KRG had extensive military experience, were seasoned riflemen, and also had a passion for the long rifle.Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, KRG W3 Stock Review, By Nicholas Gebhardt. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Great article, coving a great product! I own one, my Remington 700 AAC-SD currently resides in a Generation 4 Whiskey 3. I've taken mine to the treestand as well as the range. It's kinda heavy for a stalk rifle, but it's a VERY solid and well-made chassis. I highly recommend it to anyone that, like me, has large hands, long arms, and has an issue with the trigger reach being too close on a standard stock.

Great review.....I have a fixed version for my 6.5 Creedmoor and folder for my 6.5 SAUM 4S. Love them both....the one thing I learned was you need to have a narrower recoil lug on your barreled action for it to fit into the chassis. I am getting a new Manners folder shortly with built in chassis for my 6XC so I am anxious to see how I like that.

I've had the Xray stock for around 4 months, and have been very pleased. Includes the functionalities of the W3, but the butt is plastic for a significant weight reduction. It will be going on my elk hunt later this year.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.