Kreiger, Hart or Lija ??

I'm lucky that my gunsmith doesn't try and push one over the other so I've used------ Lawton,
Kreiger,Hart,Shilen,Broughton 5c,Bartlein 5R,Chanlynn,Lilja all those barrels seem to shoot. Sure like the K&P barrels sorry to see they quit. My last Pac-Nor wasn't all that great.

Obermeyer,Rock,Spencer plus some of the others mention here all make good barrels. I've heard some good things about the new McGowen McGowen Precision Barrels Home.

Well good luck

I've used all these manufacturers. No, correction. I've used LOTS of barrels from all of these manufacturers.

All shot well. all cleaned up well, and all are very good companies to work with. The truth is these are all marquee barrel manufacturers and its tough to go wrong with any of them these days.

There is one guy though that still gets one extra little star next to his name in my book:

Mark Chanlynn, Rocky Mountain Rifle Works in Longmont, CO.

Nice, nice stuff and I'll tell that to anyone.

If my **** stateside cell phone was charged up I'd give you his number. (I'm in Iraq at the moment)

Well worth the leg work to talk to him.

Good luck.

FWIW the 2007 world junior palma champion has a Chanlynn barrel on his 308. (Kyle Leibertrau)

Chad

Chad Dixon
Gunmaker
LongRifles, Inc.
Chief Armorer/Range Officer, BFFOC Instructor
Baghdad Embassy Security Force
United States Embassy, Baghdad Iraq

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.