Konnichiwa from Japan

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by dust, Jan 16, 2009.

1. dust

dust Well-Known Member

Texan in Japan marrying a Japanese woman. Decided that I should get more active in a sport that may or may not exist if we don't all try to keep it alive. My grandfather was a police officer, and I have been shooting since I was probably 8. Have a few AR-15`s on order, one will be the long ranger, and one hunter, and one just because I can. Also looking at a .308 Sub-MOA hunter and a benchrest .22 for cheap paper punching. Will hopefully be coming back to the US if and when the economy is better. Until then, I am doing my part filling the gun safe and supporting the gun economy.

2. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Welcome to Long Range Hunting.

Hopefully you won't have to wait too long before you come back.:)

3. WildcatB

WildcatB Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. This a great and addictive site. What kind of hunting is there in Japan?

Paul

4. dust

dust Well-Known Member

There is very little hunting. Any gun requires strict registration, and ongoing checks by the police to see if you are fit (mentally) to have one. As a foreigner here, I don't think that I would be able to have one. One of the many things I gave up to be here. The only guns I see are on cops. The security guards (think Brinks Truck guys) carry collapsible batons instead of guns. Was at a restaurant, and two 60 something year old men walked in in uniforms and whipped out there batons and did a bag transfer, and I thought to myself, you know, in the US those people would have one on the hip and maybe one over their shoulder, and these guys brought sticks.

5. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

フォーラムへの歓迎! あなたの次の結婚のお祝い。

Ed

6. dust

dust Well-Known Member

ありがとう 結婚は大変ですが一回だけからそ何問題ないと思う好きなことはちょっと寂しいけど

7. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

両方の幸運を祈ります! :)

V/R

Ed

8. WildcatB

WildcatB Well-Known Member

Bablefish translation for the rest of us.

Welcome to forum! Celebration of your following marriage.

Thank you marriage is serious, but favorite as for the thing where you think that there is no [so] no problem from just one time, however just a little it is lonesome

Both good fortune is prayed! However :)

Paul

9. Stormrider

Stormrider Well-Known Member

Dust, where are you in Japan?

10. dust

dust Well-Known Member

That is basically what it says, but it's not exactly right. He technically said good luck in my next marriage.