Konnichiwa from Japan

dust

Texan in Japan marrying a Japanese woman. Decided that I should get more active in a sport that may or may not exist if we don't all try to keep it alive. My grandfather was a police officer, and I have been shooting since I was probably 8. Have a few AR-15`s on order, one will be the long ranger, and one hunter, and one just because I can. Also looking at a .308 Sub-MOA hunter and a benchrest .22 for cheap paper punching. Will hopefully be coming back to the US if and when the economy is better. Until then, I am doing my part filling the gun safe and supporting the gun economy.

There is very little hunting. Any gun requires strict registration, and ongoing checks by the police to see if you are fit (mentally) to have one. As a foreigner here, I don't think that I would be able to have one. One of the many things I gave up to be here. The only guns I see are on cops. The security guards (think Brinks Truck guys) carry collapsible batons instead of guns. Was at a restaurant, and two 60 something year old men walked in in uniforms and whipped out there batons and did a bag transfer, and I thought to myself, you know, in the US those people would have one on the hip and maybe one over their shoulder, and these guys brought sticks.

Bablefish translation for the rest of us.

フォーラムへの歓迎! あなたの次の結婚のお祝い。

Ed

Welcome to forum! Celebration of your following marriage.

ありがとう 結婚は大変ですが一回だけからそ何問題ないと思う好きなことはちょっと寂しいけど

Thank you marriage is serious, but favorite as for the thing where you think that there is no [so] no problem from just one time, however just a little it is lonesome

両方の幸運を祈ります! :)

V/R

Ed

Both good fortune is prayed! However :)

Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.