KJG bullets?

Ian B

I recently came across this LM-102
Any one ever heard of theses before?

Note the BC.

If they have a g1 that high you would be able to get some really good performance in 8mm rem mag velocities.

I cant find the contact/Kontakt information for him to ask more questions so if someone has it let me know.

Last edited:
This is a bullet designed by a fellow named Lutz Moeller from Germany. I have fired these and another bullet designed by the same person called the VIKING. The ones I tested were 375 cal out of a 375 Chey-tac. They were highly unstable. Both were fired from an 8 twist and a 6.5 exit twist. The Viking is totally useless and the other one (LM119) is also unstable. I did get a couple of the LM 119s to make reasonably round holes at low velocity at 100 yds. When velocity and range is increased you will see spectacular failures. If you fire these bullets do so with a very large backstop and insure there is nothing
on the other side. Trust me, these are totally out of control.

I have around 200 of the 375 Vikings I probably would part with if you would like to fire them. I think I still have a couple of the LM 119s.

Interesting.

I do know he recommends a very odd progressive twist barrel not sure what it is for the .375s perhaps that is what was causing the stability problem maybe?

His .338 LM bullets won the laupa sniper cup twice.
So there has to be a way to make them work.

Have you ever tried any other monolithic drive band bullets how would you compare them to KJG LMs?

also thank you for your offer but I have nothing in .375 at this time to run them but Ill keep you in mind should I ever build a .375 cheytac and or snipetac

Last edited:
I did extensive testing on the ZA 375 cal line of bullets. Do a search for Augustus posts and you will be reading for a while. The latest tests were done on the Cutting Edge bullets. As a matter of fact I am testing some of them today, I just finished firing and chronographing one prototype and set down at the puter to soak up some AC. It is 105 F here today. I have another version of similar design I am going to fire as soon as my core temp drops below 110 or so!!! Both the ZA and Cutting Edge bullets have posted some very good results. The Cutting Edge bullets are rather conservative in their design and will stabilize in slower twist than the ZAs.

Beware when reading about the potential of monolithic solids. There is a lot of BS being circulated on this subject. I know this to be a fact because I have spent a lot of my own time and money to come to this realization.

Beware when reading about the potential of monolithic solids. There is a lot of BS being circulated on this subject. I know this to be a fact because I have spent a lot of my own time and money to come to this realization.

Thats what I had feared.

My main interest in the KJG LM-102 was because its 8mm of course one has to be skeptical with a quoted G1which seems a bit unrealistic when its almost twice that of the highest bc 8mm bullet.

Also after reading some more of your post and some others.
I am throughly left with more questions than answers especially after reading some of the stuff on the thread "Lets argue bc."
Very informative stuff tho I'll have to read into it some more when I have more time.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.