Kirby, whats the latest on the 50 cal. allen project?

Which one, the 50 Allen Tactical or the 510 Allen Magnum?

Both are up and running. 50 AT is getting around 2450 fps easily with the 750 gr A-Max. May be able to push 2500 fps if I horse her a bit but recoil in the light rifle is pretty impressive right now. Thinking about suppressing that rifle.

The 510 Allen Magnum is also working well. I can push 2900 fps with the 750 gr A-Max and recoil is comfortable. Much less then my old LAR Grizzly shooting the A-Max to 2700 fps.

Accuracy on both has been very good, well under moa out to 1K. Will be doing more testing soon but they are both proven and working very well so far.

I am beginning to think the 50 AT is a better choice in at least a semi-heavy rifle, 25 lb class or more. With a larger brake however or a suppressor it should be more then comfortable enough for heavy tactical use in a 16 to 17 lb class rifle.

Loading the 510 AM to 2750 fps with the 750 gr A-Max is really a ***** cat to shoot. Could shoot it all day in a tee-shirt and never have a problem. Its a 38 lb rifle with one of my custom 5 port brakes however.

If you have any specific questions let me know and I will get you the information you want.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.