KIRBY & I ARE GONE

Shawn Carlock

Sponsor
Just wanted to drop everyone that didn't know already that Kirby and I will be working on .... uh .... research and developement for the next week or so in north Idaho. We of course don't want to, but that is what you guys expect us to do. So in purely in the interest of product developement (if you believe that boy have I got some property for ya) we will both be unavailable until around the 21st of Nov or so.

It only is a research when you guys go together for the second time. Right now it's a search! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Good Luck!

Shawn...remember to tell Kirby to <font color="blue"> SMILE!! </font>

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That would be a trophy now wouldn't it. I hope all goes well with respect to the weather and the ability to see some distance. Rut timing is looking great.

i hope you get a big one. make sure kirby does his home work with a 338 edge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Little late to the party, been packing all morning, like a **** women trying to get ready /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I can say one thing for sure though, I won't have 1/10 the gear old BuffaloBob had when he rolled up to my shop!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I thought he was moving out west permanently!!!

Got the most important things ready first, two 7mm AM rifles and 50 rounds of fresh ammo for each.

If the weather co ops we will do our best to break the 1K barrier but I think I can speak for Shawn and say that this is a hunting, excuse me, Research, trip first and formost so whereever they show up or whatever the conditions are we will be going after them however we can, long range preferrably. Hopefully the wind is dramatically less on the other side of the rocks because we had 35-50 mph sustained winds today with gusts in the 70 mph range. No need for that crap!!! If we lived on the coast we would be on the news!!!

Should be a good time, Shawn will not know what to think about my skinny bullets!!!

Anyway, will be signing off for a week, there will be a full report showing up just before thanksgiving!!! Hopefully more to tell then just two gunsmiths drying out their soaked hunting cloths from solid rain!!! ITs hunting though, whatever happens is fine with me!!!

Look forward to meeting the man in person to be honest, the first day shooting course will be worth the trip alone I am sure!!

Heading out at around 9:00 in the morning and should be rolling in around easily by 4:00 in the afternoon. Should not take that long but we are supposed to be getting up to 1 foot of snow over the pass tonight so just in case I will leave early.

More to come,

Kirby Allen(50)

You boys have fun "reserchn" I got a 148" buck friday and they are starting to rut. This weekend should be realy good. Its snowing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts