King salmon area

Punisher

I am looking at purchasing land in Egegik. I believe that the only access is going to be float plane via king salmon, ak.

Does anybody use pilots in that area? What are the conditions usually like for landing on the ocean or river in the area?

I would use Branch River Air Service, Van is a standup guy and has very good pilots. He will get you where you need to go. Only float plane service I would use.

Reuben

Thanks for the tip. I'm not going to make it out to that land until next summer. But at least now I can get an idea of what it's going to cost me on each trip.

Why would someone purchase land in Egegik? I am guessing you're not going to be farming or developing it. Lol. Spent my childhood summers there, not a place I miss.

If you like to hunt and fish and shoot, it seems pretty decent. I will be developing it. Not putting a $10million cabin there, but will get something livable there.

I hunted caribou from a lodge across the river from egegik years ago. Egegik has a dirt airstrip suitable for most small aircraft as well as the one at Becharof lodge across the river. The river is tidal and often shallow, I don't know how suitable it would be for floatplanes.

That is good to know. Google earth is telling me, by elevation, that I will need to build this place on stilts!

Looks like this is a bear and caribou destination. Which is why I want to go there. But I wouldn't mind having a place that is more accessible.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.