Kimber vs Cooper vs CZ

matt_3479

My brother is looking to get a rifle for long range big game hunting rifle. He took a look at the kimber model 8400 tactical but i have heard many mixed reviews on kimber guns. For 2000 dollars they dont guarantee any accuracy at all which disappoints me. We know a guy who swears by cooper, and tehy do guarantee 1/2" or better at 100 yards. Thats more like it. I know a guy who swears by cooper firearms as well as best of the west. I have seen and handled CZ's and they are very well built rifles and there accuracy are suppose to be superb.

I feel like the CZ or the Cooper are the best for a long range hunting rifle. whats your thoughts on this

My brother is looking to get a rifle for long range big game hunting rifle. He took a look at the kimber model 8400 tactical but i have heard many mixed reviews on kimber guns. For 2000 dollars they dont guarantee any accuracy at all which disappoints me. We know a guy who swears by cooper, and tehy do guarantee 1/2" or better at 100 yards. Thats more like it. I know a guy who swears by cooper firearms as well as best of the west. I have seen and handled CZ's and they are very well built rifles and there accuracy are suppose to be superb.

I feel like the CZ or the Cooper are the best for a long range hunting rifle. whats your thoughts on this
Having shot dozens of CZ's and found their out of the box accuracy, dependability, and warranty service all light years above everyone else I've ever bought a factory gun from I'd take the CZ hands down.

Tell him to see if they are still offering the "Ultimate Hunting Rifle" combo.

The Cooper is as close to a custom as you can get. Both mine and two of my buddy's rifles shoot better than the .5 MOA guarantee. Same point of impact, hot, cold, clean or dirty. The fit, finish, and trigger are perfect and the action is smooth as glass. I had a Kinber and unloaded it. Rough action, lousy trigger, and fair accuracy...1 MOA The CZ is a nice rifle but if you can afford the Cooper, it's no contest.

I own both the cz, and the Cooper. Cooper has better finish, a 100000 times better trigger, and is less picky. My CZ shoots awesome but if i had the money I would choose the Cooper hands down. the kimbers might be pretty to look at but i have tried many loading for friends. Accuracy is not in the same league. Never had a Kimber hang with either of those rigs. My CZ is the 550 american heavy in 22-250 and the Cooper a phoenix in 6.5x.284. I repeat never have I shot a Kimber that could compete with either of these. Just my opinion. If i found a Kimber to be a shooter i would buy it as aesthetically i like them. Actually had a chance on a 7mm 08 last year. guy let me try before i bought it. Needless to say i do not own a Kimber.

I think you are going to get a lot of opinions on this. I am surprised people have had accuracy issued with the Kimbers but it is only based on my experince with a Tikka T3 Lite I bought for my daughter. That little gun can shoot even with the little plastic stock and imperfect trigger.

My opinion is an off the shelf rifle is always a bit of a gamble and you are paying the 2x-3x price tag on a Cooper to remove the gamble. The gun will shoot and has been tested and gauranteed to do so.

I am surprised you did not mention or look at Savage based on the articles on this site and the postive feedback so many have given. Savage has so many choices now that you could buy one see if it shoots and if it doesnt still afford to change out the trigger and barrel and have a semi custom that will shoot. For the record I am not some crazy Savage fan I only own one of their rifles a 22-250 heavy varmint rig.

Oh i know savage can shoot, and can shoot extremely good. my younger brother just loves Cooper and wanted to double check if it was worth it. He saw a kimber tactical he liked but i have heard mixed reviews and hold him to hold off. I know CZ and savage are great companies and know a decent amount on savage so i was just trying to find some stuff out about CZ. I think we will be going with Cooper for him.

looks like it might be the jackson hunter chambered in a 300. win mag for a long range light weight hunting rifle.

Im going to get one built instead.

Oh i know savage can shoot, and can shoot extremely good. my younger brother just loves Cooper and wanted to double check if it was worth it. He saw a kimber tactical he liked but i have heard mixed reviews and hold him to hold off. I know CZ and savage are great companies and know a decent amount on savage so i was just trying to find some stuff out about CZ. I think we will be going with Cooper for him.

looks like it might be the jackson hunter chambered in a 300. win mag for a long range light weight hunting rifle.

Im going to get one built instead.

I be your brother too if you will get me a cooper.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.