• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Kimber Montana 8400 300 WSM

livtoohunt

FS a gently used Kimber Montana in 300WSM. It comes with the box, gun, and has a 20 MOA Picatinny rail or I can send Talley 1" rings if prefered. I thought I needed another one but decided need other things. $950 to your FFL. I will get pictures up later or can text them to you but it is in excellent condition.

Kimber 8400 Montana 300 WSM
Approximate weight: 6 pounds 3 ounces
Overall length (inches): 43.25
Barrel
Material: Stainless Steel
Finish: Satin stainless steel
Contour: Sporter
Length: 24 inches
Twist rate (right hand): 10
Grooves: 4
Match grade chamber
Trigger
Adjustable
Factory setting: 3.5-4 pounds
Stock
Material: Kevlar-carbon fiber
Sling swivel studs
Recoil pad: 1-inch Pachmayr Decelerator
Length of pull (inches): 13.63
Drop at heel (inches): 0.54
Drop at comb (inches): 0.43
Pillar bedding
Glass bedding
Action
Type: 8400 WSM
Material: Stainless Steel
Finish: Satin stainless steel
Front locking repeater
Mauser claw extractor
Magazine capacity: 3
3-position Model 70-type safety

Darn it....I just bought the exact...I MEAN EXACT gun yesterday at 10 am. Story of my life, day late (or early) and dollar short. You should not have any issue moving this gun.

Roger

Still for sale. I shot 1-load or 6- shots, it was around 2" with that load. I have others loaded but decided I didn't need 3- 300 WSM. Don't listen that Montanas don't shoot, you just have to find what they like and hold on a little tighter than a heavier gun.

Let me know if you have any questions, it is like new shape.

Larry

My 300WSM Montana loves 150 grain bullets (Winchester Supreme Elite XP3). 180 grain ...not so much. It is a joy to carry and when called upon it gets the job done. Good luck on the sale.

I've owned multiple Kimber Montana's and researched how to get them to shoot after having a hard time getting MOA with my 308 Win. It seems people get them to shoot with Barnes bullets. Read enough reviews and you'll see that in common with the ones that shoot. I fought it but eventually tried some 150g Tipped TSX. Max load with Varget and they were under 1" all day, every day. That and I had shot that thing a lot and got used to it. Less than 6lbs with a scope... Feels like a toy.

The cool thing about the Kimber WSM's. You can usually load to the lands. The mag box a lows for 3"+ COAL. My 270 WSM, easily shoots sub MOA with 150 Bergers. Max load with H1000 and I was at 3200 FPS and 5/8". It helps that the 8400's weigh more than than the 84m's.

It's super easy to lighten the trigger, same steps as a Remington. That always helps. 3+ lb trigger in a 6-8 lb, all-in rifle??? You'll struggle... You'll blame the rifle, because you're an awesome shot.

I'm here to tell you, Kimbers expose bad shooting technique. We can all hit sub MOA with a 10-15 lb, heavy barrel rifle. Few can with a 6-7 lb rifle and those people give Kimbers a bad name. Totally undeserved as they are an amazing rifle and they do shoot once you do your part.

On a soap box and no one even bad mouthed Kimbers... Yet.

Thanks for the information, still trying to decide if I want to jump from the 270wsm to the 300wsm so mulling things over. I appreciate the response.