Kimber 84m question

Boutrocious

Does anyone know the tenon length, diameter, and tpi for the 84m? Also, what is the outer diameter of the barrel at the chamber end?

Thanks.

The 84m is a centerfire- .308 and smaller bolt action rifle. It's not chambered in rim fire. They make a tactical, but I was wondering about one of the hunter models. I would think the tenon length would be the same for those models.

Thanks.

The 84m is a centerfire- .308 and smaller bolt action rifle. It's not chambered in rim fire. They make a tactical, but I was wondering about one of the hunter models. I would think the tenon length would be the same for those models.

Thanks.

I looked through all of my barrel tenon drawings and did not find anything.

Kimber will not give out that Information, so take it to a gunsmith and he can take it apart and
get the information.

If you are just wanting to re-barrel just buy a 1.250 shank on the barrel and the smith can make it
fit your receiver .

PS; the reason I ask is, I had a 84 target made for the military in 22 Rim Fire and it had a press fit tenon with cross pins.

J E CUSTOM

The 8400 (270 WSM) that I rebarreled measured .998"x 18 tpi. So I would call it 1"x18 tpi.
The tennon length was 1.030". But that was a 8400.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.