kifaru tipis 4 man

Discussion in 'Backpack Hunting' started by bubba41, Jun 25, 2011.

1. bubba41

bubba41 Well-Known Member

has anyone used one of these ??? they are awful expensive . are they worth it or is there a better buy ? i'll be using it for 3 and mid nov in utah

Last edited: Jun 25, 2011

2. bubba41

well it seems no one has used this tent thanks anyways

3. esorensen

esorensen Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine has one. He's used the larger one in the rockies in late fall hunting and it worked well. He has a small stove that he uses too. I think he used a bed of pine boughs to sleep on, and ran a mylar blanket on the inside to keep the heat pointed at him, and the condensation away from him, and he said it was almost too hot. Can't say anything for the other guys in it though.

4. bubba41

thank you

5. jmden

jmden Well-Known Member

I like the ones with a true floor, true bug proofing, low bulk telescoping pole and alot of adjustable venting...

6. jbmm411

jbmm411 Member

I have two of the kifaru tents. The four man and the two man and the small stove. I used them several times out in CO and CA when I lived out there. They are awesome! They are very light, well designed and truly four season capable. I have moved back east now and don't camp any more so I may sell the tents I have. Let me know if you need any more info or are interested in purchasing mine.

JB