Kids grow-Youth 700 options

Bucks n Ducks

Greetings all, first real post other than intro.

My son (15yrs) has outgrown his rem 700 SPS in 7mm-08. The set up is straight out of the box w/ nice glass.

I was just going to sell it or hold it for another kid. Then I started thinking it would be nice to drop it in a new stock for a 20 inch barrel "mountain rifle".

My question is with the 20 inch tube will this have a problem fitting a bedded stock like a B&C Alaskan?

He has taken a few animals out to 225 yards and I have been very impressed with the 7mm-08 round.

Any other stock recommendations or ideas appreciated.

I say just put it in a new adult-size stock. Remington might even have one that fits it with the smaller barrel.

Or, keep your scope, and sell me the gun. I can always rebarrel it to .308 and put it in a nice stock or chassis system. :D

I have an SPS youth. They came with stock spacers to make the lenght of pull longer. I take it you dont have these? Anyways, a regular SPS stock for a short action will fit just fine. I put mine in a Mcmillan "compact" with short LOP and light weight recoil pad. Works well.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.