Kentucky Coyotes

Discussion in 'Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards' started by Yote59, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Yote59

Yote59 Active Member

Dry run this evening. Called for a solid hour....no show on the yotes. It was great to be out watching the snow fall though. Enjoyed every minute of it.

2. Yote59

Yote59 Active Member

Sunrise.....17 degrees...winds @ 5 mph= 9 degrees.....= 0 coyotes. Called for 30 minutes.....headed to the house for hot coffee....was it worth it===priceless.

3. Bowhunter57

Bowhunter57 Well-Known Member

Yote59,
    When you say you called for an hour straight, do you mean at one setting or different sets and total calling time?

The reason I ask is, if you've not gotten a response in 20 min., you're most likely wasting your time and possibly educating the coyotes to your presence...if they're there.
    * Have you tried howling to locate coyotes?
    * Do you know, for certain, that there are coyotes in the area you're calling?

It's not uncommon to call in 5 or 6 different locations and only see 1 coyote. Just some food for thought. Hope this helps. :)

Bowhunter57

4. Yote59

Yote59 Active Member

That was total calling time on three sets. Yep....the coyote are around....killed three already. Thanks for the tips....!

5. rosborohunter

rosborohunter Well-Known Member

I guess it's like fishing. If you killed one every set, it might not be as much fun. Then again, I would like to give that a try.
    You will get them next time.

6. Yote59

Yote59 Active Member

Good point....although I did go this afternoon...another empty trip. Got to go back to work tomorrow....be Saturday morning for I can go again.

7. rosborohunter

Going after work tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

8. Yote59

Yote59 Active Member

Good...put a slobber knocker on one.

9. rosborohunter

Partner for this hunt called in with a sick kid. I will try to go next week. Arkansas has a youth deer hunt this weekend and I am going to try to guide my 9 year old to a big ole slick head.

10. Yote59

Yote59 Active Member

I hope your son gets a shot at one...good luck.

11. rosborohunter

Thanks buddy. He has had a good year already. Killed a spike earlier in the rifle season and a really good 8 point a couple of weeks ago. His 8 pt is bigger than anything I have killed in a few years.
    You going to get in a coyote hunt this weekend?

12. Yote59

Yote59 Active Member

I plan to be out before sunrise Sat morning. Weather is suppose to be good. Unless it is a downpour....I'll be out.

13. dogbuster0006

dogbuster0006 Well-Known Member

I'm also in KY, hunt mostly in the central and western part of the state. My buddy and I went friday morn, made several stands and called in only one. It was 11:45 when she showed up. She was his first ever and we had a blast. This yr has been tough hunting in my area, the weather has been absolutely nuts...Best of luck and shoot the hell outta them mouth breathing rabbit eaters...:rolleyes:

14. Yote59

Yote59 Active Member

I hope your luck improves. It's been some tuff hunting around here also......just got three this year so far.....Hope this changes soon. Stay after them.