Kenetrek hunting boots - 10 inch or 7 inch height?

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Next week I am visiting the Kenetrek headquarters in Bozeman, MT. We'll be selling Kenetreks in the LRH Store very soon.

I want to study their entire boot line up close and personal. I'll also be selecting a model and get professional help in sizing them for my personal use.

I've been wearing Meindl's for the past 5 years and it's time for a change. These current ones are 7 inch.

I want to decide whether to try the taller 10 inch style as I move into Kenetreks.

Which height do you guys prefer for western hunting?

Their 10 inch boots are what I use. Also don't forget to carry their Gators as they are some of the best I have ever used. dgarrett

I am an elk guide in southwest Colorado and I put some miles in my boots every year. I have used both and prefer the 10" for the extra ankle support with heavy packs or just hiking.

Mike

I use the 7" for most duty, but if terrain is tough the 10" are well worth wearing. If I could only have one pair it would be the 10"s.

Kenetreks are excellent boots, you're making a good choice to have them at the LRH store.

Len, good choice on carrying the kenetreks.
I have had both and if I was hunting deep snow and really cold weather, I'd go with the high boots. That being said, my go to boot is a lower one in the kenetrek hardscabble and I wear gaiters. It is an awesome combination and the one that I wear most.

Randy

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.